Why Mounted Elves in Dungeons changed

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Keza, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

Does that mean that the changes to mounted elves in dungeons was irrelevant to the point that Keza wanted to achieve ? (Reducing the amount of scrolls dropped to not flood the server) and only ruined the event to people that were looking to pvp?
  2. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not enough data collected to draw any conclusions.
    Ragnar Lothbrok likes this.
  3. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

Right.... It's ok for you guys to admit the change was bad, uncalled for and didn't achive anything that was discussed to achieve before it was implemented without consulting other Volunteers or Player Base of the server.

Just revert it for the next year event, and try not to break other events. Thanks for your services!
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

<<<Wait bud, I think more shocking changes are ahead of us. I would like to hope that I am wrong, but the branches are broken and the grass is squashed…
  5. Goblinchild

Goblinchild Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I didn't see a problem. Lots of scrolls and plenty of PVP happened. Hell I even went red during the event. ;)
    Great event as always, started and ended on time for once. Good job all around by those who put it on!

FeinRed.png
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    Kiryana likes this.
  6. LCH

LCH Active Member

I have always wondered
    why do blue and white scrolls seem to be more abundant than red and green?
    the numbers here confirm this observation (both the balance and the movement)
    is it related to the relative size of the dungeons that spawn elves vs dark elves?
  7. Damisjana

Damisjana Active Member

i don't know why you keep talking about pvp when 3 or 4 toons with pvp build going to dungeons to kill full bard mage. it's not pvp.
  8. Kiryana

<<<This is Ultima Online and an ordinary PK raid, without which it would be boring and very insipid ... The risk and danger factor is a huge and integral part of the magnificent Sosaria Fel.

I don't touch on the subject of gentlemanship in PK, but having it is good, and not having it is not bad.

First of all, it's killing and raiding robbers, and most robbers are excellent bastards and attacking someone like a pack of wolves is realistic, true and real.

I am sure that a lot of people, including myself, would refuse to play Trammel, because Felucca is the very holy and real Ultima Online.

Any PvP in a non-championship, outside the arena has the rules of robbers, streets and the cruel Middle Ages! No need to get a handkerchief and run, otherwise the victim may be remembered as a cowardly rat. Fight like Jon Snow and only then will you remain a hero. It doesn't matter if it's dead or alive!

PvP, PK’s, Thieves, Spy and more dark side is exactly what is an integral part of the holy Ultima!

I would also like to add that if someone lacks a deep understanding of why someone says what he says, write to this person in a personal message and just ask what you mean. Most guys will give an answer, but it often happens that citizens should be able to read between the lines, because the soup from the past is still hot!

Regards,
    Kir.
    NCCML, Sayer and Quartz like this.
  9. Damisjana

Damisjana Active Member

yes i know.

but this shard is different. in a non GDR shard, the majority of people who enjoy doing PVP, do it vs other PVP toons everyday.

PK in dungeon it's done only from people who are too lazy to do PVM and want to loot some coins/reag/ecc.

in this shard you have only a little bit of it in factions, but non everyday as you would expect in a shard with 600 toons online.

i played in a shard where you can't mark or recall or gate from a dungeon , so most dungerous than here, so a PK was more encouraged to go to a dung and loot but most enjoy playing vs other pvp toons outside city.

Here no, but maybe because PVP is shit and unbalanced so nobody enjoy doing it
    Kiryana likes this.
  10. shopbuyshop

shopbuyshop Active Member

Played for 20 plus hours and not a scroll drop in over world.

Happy Holidays lol

edited: 7 holiday coins .. lol
    Kiryana likes this.
  11. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This could also be related to the frequency of these scrolls being ran. I know some players favor running certain colors over others due to the time it takes, difficulty, and what type of slayers they have on hand. For a while I only had a dark elf slayer, so I was only running those scrolls and keeping the others until I got my hands on a viable elf slayer.
    Kiryana likes this.
  12. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

I'd say the real reason for that is that Dark Elf mounted boss has a higher drop rate chance than Elves, so since they only drop white or blues that might be the case
    Kiryana likes this.
  13. Quartz

Quartz Active Member

It may just be my RNG, I saw a similar amount of elf’s versus dark elfs but I saw more snow vortex and ice golems than anything and they happen to drop scrolls for me (6 blues off those alone). But I also believe the vortex and golems have a lower drop percentage than reindeer.

So mobs that drop white and blues seemed more prevalent than mobs that dropped green and red, at least in my short time played this year.
    Kiryana likes this.
  14. Kiryana

Thank you for your reply sir. I'm glad you're with us, it's a pleasure to read you! @Damisjana ;)
    Damisjana likes this.
  15. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

Well put sir.
    Kiryana and Quartz like this.