UO:Renaissance - Thieving perfected (ongoing thread)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by BlackEye, Dec 5, 2014.

1. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Punish them !!! :) Actions have consequences
    The Watch, BlackEye and Kiryana like this.
  2. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Everytime i receive a notification aBout this thread i think... “daaang is me”. I was almost sure i would discover what was the weapons that was stolen from my house this days would be here when i saw the alert.
    Kiryana likes this.
  3. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

I take great pride in killing any and all thieves, even if i know you!
    The Watch and Erza Scarlet like this.
  4. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Howdy,​

fgh.jpg
    Summer bump & trophy from the fields :)

Regards,
    j​
    SativaGreen, BlackEye, shad and 3 others like this.
  5. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Always pains me to see a dexxer lose their weapon. Dying breed. Nice steal though
  6. Kiryana

<<< 10101110100100101010010011

edit: I changed my mind to leave my first answer to you, because I do not want to reveal the secrets of my DEXers. But the final phrase is that it is Felucca and you must be able to stand up for yourself and be able to preserve your values. And from thieves you can do it very simply, I assure you! haha Thieves are incredibly vulnerable here ;)
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  7. Hollywood

Magic trap the box, got it.. or use a lockable wooden box with enough weight inside so thieves cant steal.

20200609_111720.jpg
    Kiryana, Vincent Blackshadow and shad like this.
  8. Kiryana

9. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Vincent Blackshadow and Kiryana like this.
  10. Kiryana

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  11. Hollywood

I like it. Leave the weapons so they can use it to keep making you gold to steal instead ;) otherwise you'll just have another player say screw it, making tamers now.
    Vincent Blackshadow, Kiryana and shad like this.
  12. Salick

Salick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Nice to see dexers out there making it happen. I have some pretty awesome blood-drinking slayers that I can’t muster up the courage to use, I feel like I’d just be donating them.
    Nice grab though!
  13. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

So... Who looted my keep?
    Hoominaga, Xavant_BR and Miami like this.
  14. Gary Strolling

Gary Strolling Member

Gary Strolling_5-16_15.33.jpg
    When I go home people will ask me, "Hey Gary, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda thief junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the items in someone else's pack, and that's it. That's all it is.

INTRO:
    Today's adventure leads our hero Gary into the dark horrors of what men and women, who go mad at the site of an IDOC, can do to one another. Oh the savagery! A complete breakdown of civilized society into a chaotic scene of blood and human parts.

A voice inside speaks, "Gary, take your awesomeness to south Trinsic! Adventure awaits!"

Without much time to prep, I gallop at full speed to the site of a IDOC. The chaos was in full swing as an army of vagrants chased each other back and forth, throwing explode pots and magic. Being the humble professional I am, I check a few local establishments to audit their security protocols.

Ahh! What's this?! An IDOC loot house? Very clever. I check for security issues but all seems up to code.
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.13.jpg

A sentry stands guard incase, anyone with balls the big enough, decides to cause problems. *Checks inside of pants* Perfect!
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.06.jpg

Khan, a strangely dressed Mongol, dashes back and forth inside and outside wielding an axe of immense power! Hmmm, what to do what to do? I think fast and come up with a plan. It's simple, stand as still as Les Paul at the bank in Skara, wait for the vagrant to cast a spell, run and snag the immense weapon, and bolt for the cover of safety with the hopes that I do not get greeted by the angry mob a few screens away.
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.14.jpg

Bodies are already piling up! Ghosts run around screaming OooOoooooOoo. Khan greats a passing ghost. Was this a friend? Will he put away his weapon to cast resurrection on his fellow comrade? Nope! He uses bandages! FUCK ME!
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.15.jpg

Khan resurrects his buddy, then dashes off to the fight! I see people zipping on and off screen. Back and forth. What was happening? Who was winning? Where the fuck is Khan and MY GOLDEN AXE?
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.17.jpg

After some time, I get bored and decide to show the world my awesomeness. Yes, you are reading correctly. Gary, the Admirable, Strolling -_-. Ladies hit me up in my dms.
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.17-1.jpg

As soon as I was done taking a selfie for the ladies, Khan dashes into the house next to me not holding his weapon! "Khan, Is that an axe in your pocket, or you just happy to see me?" I reach into his manliness with both hands, grab the golden handle, and run like the wind!
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.19.jpg

SUCSESS!! I made it to the walls of a Lord's castle and hide. I brace for the vagrant's pursuit, but it never comes. WEW! I make it to the safety of the bank and stash my new treasure.
    Gary Strolling_6-30_16.19-1.jpg

Until next time friends!
    Alvien likes this.
  15. Gary Strolling

Gary Strolling Member

*Public Service Announcement*

"If you're AFK boo, Gary will find you!"

Gary Strolling_7-1_14.06-1.jpg

Gary Strolling_7-1_14.08.jpg

"Yes, really!"
    Gary Strolling_7-1_14.09.jpg

If you see an AFK, please send their location my way!
    Pedigar likes this.
  16. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member

I made a thief character just to steal from thieves. I never had a problem with PK's in UO. Thieves I can't stand, though.

And yes, I get it. It's felucca so suck it up. I know. But I hate thievery. Especially the weak bank thief that hits you just as you put something in your pack or recall in from hard farming then runs away and recalls out or hides, etc.

**Edit** There is one exception to this for me, and it is a VERY narrow one. That is the true RP thief. Those people who build the character, operate according to a code (of sorts) and play the character of a thief for the character's sake are an exception. But the generic boxer shorts bank thief who just snags your runic or your 1 plat you killed a thousand ratmen for can, in the immortal words of Bart Simpson, EAT MY SHORTS.
  17. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

PSA: Make sure your boats are locked!

In today's times of pirating and fishing, please make sure you lock your boat!

While I'm no thief, I happened upon a boat in the middle of the seas. I decided to check if it was locked, and lo and behold, it wasn't! I moseyed on over to the hold and saw some goodies inside.

While not an amazing haul, it was nice to commit piracy while hunting pirates.

upload_2020-7-4_14-40-43.png
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Alvien and Kiryana like this.
  18. Kiryana

19. Kiryana

20. Jebus Bojangles

Jebus Bojangles Member

LOL....someone needs to start their t-map set over again :)
    Hoominaga and Kiryana like this.