Improving Razor - Razor Development

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I can poke around. Does the built-in UO hotkey not do what you need to turn this on/off?
  2. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

I know a lot of folks run art mods to change the size and/or body of a dragon, but that process can be a little annoying for folks and if you want to switch back for looks or something else, you either need to patch the mul again or log out, copy/paste a backup and restore it.

This is still a work in progress, but I'm going to get Razor to let you do this on the fly. When checked, when the mobile moves or enters your screen, the graphic will change.

[​IMG]

I'm still not sure if I want have a pre-defined list of graphics to change the dragon to, or let you enter in the values pulled from UOFiddler and set your own. Maybe both? Here's me picking random graphics included in the UO:R art files. I want fire breathing squirrels!

NOTE: This is a client side change, so only you see the graphic change. To everyone else, they still look like dragons.

[​IMG]
    Buga, Baler and fenster like this.
  3. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

i was thinking if it was possible to put it in a macro... a toggle.. so i can combine multiple actions on 1 hotkey...

somehow i kinda miss the ability that uo has.. 1 key can do many different things.

example

F1=
    transparancy
    Animal lore
    double click runebook...

ect..
  4. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

omg this is epicly huge! Good bye client modifications, hello UOR-Razor.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tree 'hack' next please. I can provide a complete list of all the tree's name/id if needed
    Quick likes this.
  5. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

This is amazing. I love my tiny dragon mod. But to be able to mod them to something else other than Lord Blackthorn is major eye candy!
  6. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Let me see if that's possible with Razor. I'm not sure how that works since those are static items on the map.
  7. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

In the mean time, you could just set F1 in Razor to "Pass to UO" and then have F1 in the UO client be the macro/hotkey that toggles it on and off (tested that and it works).
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  8. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

smart, didnt think of that ofcourse.

ill do that...

i think i mentioned before: a search or filter box in the MACRO tab...
    saves the scrolling of a million macros.
    Quick likes this.
  9. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Alright, here's something a bit more functional.

[​IMG]

Again, remember this is just client side only. Only you see the different graphic for the dragon. Everyone else will see your dragon as they always see them. It would be cool to have an animation file that has both big and little dragons so you could switch between the two.
    Baler and Jeebs like this.
  10. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

Release asap!!! :D:D
  11. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Legendary Status Achieved!
  12. Sapharious

Sapharious Active Member

+1 to this. I would love a check box in Razor that allowed this if it was possible.

I would also love to see a Counter for time remaining before you can hide again when it fails due to enemy proximity.
  13. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

If you put {skill} in your display bar, it will kick off a 10 sec timer after using a skill. It isn't very smart at the moment though. Some skills have different timers based on various conditions, this is a simple 10 sec timer that fires off on the use of any skill.
  14. Swunk

Swunk Member

I think something that would be REALLY useful would be Play Last Macro. So that way when we use one of our regular PvE or PvP macros it'll go back to a bandaging macro, or if you're out fighting and training a skill like Anatomy or something at the same time, it'll go back to your macro that was looping Anatomy for gains.

Also, a % option for the hp/mana/stamina waits. That way if your hits is 120 you can wait til your hits is 100% rather than 120 and it'll fuck up on you all the time if you get cursed or your pot runs out, etc.
  15. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

You would use a "Play Last Macro" hotkey compared to just using the hotkey assigned to the macro directly?

Are you talking about the health % above people's heads?
  16. bwillb

bwillb Active Member

he's talking about the "wait for hp" line in macros. To allow making it percentage based instead of absolute value.
  17. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Coming back to this, I've been playing around a bit and came up with this UI change. It still needs some work, alignment issues, spacing, etc but you get the general idea.

[​IMG]

Is it too radical? As things have been added to Razor, I've tried to keep the "classic Razor look" but without making the Razor longer and longer and doing more of that size based on tab stuff, I thought I'd play around a bit with some additional tabs to condense Options/More Options into one tab, separated by 3 tabs based on the category of the feature. The window is now a static size again, regardless of the tab.

The size does increase a little, here's a comparison between this and the current version.

[​IMG]

If you guys don't like it and/or have other ideas and suggestions, please share them. Nothing here is set in stone and this is all being done on it's own branch.
    Labeler and Keza like this.
  18. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Love it, uniform size and it allows you to see a few more options/macros without as much scrolling. Keep up the great work! :D
    dissident and Quick like this.
  19. fenster

fenster Member

I'm a big fan of the uniform size. I did prefer the smaller interface in the previous version of Razor, but I've gotten accustomed to the larger size. Being able to see more lines in hotkeys/macros will be rad
    Quick likes this.
  20. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Uniform tab size change is great, I think smaller is best but well, it is not that big now. I think we will be able to accommodate it on screen.

About the enable/disable hotkeys, is something I went back and forth using it. I always dreamed to have a to hit "enter" (disable hotkeys) to get a chat mode (type text freely) and "enter" again to print text on screen and re enable hotkeys.

I tested it using "enter" as the enable/disable hotkeys key but was hard to remember to hit enter since you can type directly and nothing on the screen give you feedback in which mode you are. Even worse UO requires to use "enter" for other things, like setting item quantity to drag, set a pet name, manually type commands etc.

This should emulate the system that many modern games use, I believe that even official Enhanced client work like that.

What do you think? Is possible to do something like this? maybe using other hotkey not enter... and showing something on screen like "chat mode"... maybe too complex. lol

:)