Im out. Thanks for the run

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jeebs, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

Been sounding like stuff you hear on the national news Democrat vs Republican. Let's get real here it's a free shard which also means free to join and free to leave. I personally think this is the best server by far and can't see myself playing anywhere else it's a game let's keep it in Perspective
    Roach, Pharoah and Steady Mobbin like this.
  2. AlexHell Slayer

AlexHell Slayer Active Member

@Air I do not know you, but it is really GREAT news to know there is another GM to help Chris. I don't know Chris either since I am still new around here, but do you know what I like most about this place? (after people, who are great here): attitude of staff. I had been told even before starting to play here... admin was an honest guy. I have played in a server where GMs committed abuse... helped their friends... and it really sucks. I like to keep things legal. I do not see cheating here... and I like that. I really do.

Someone I knew recently has been trying to pull me into a much more complete (at first sight) server.... where players were using bots to get rich. Disgusting. Really, DISGUSTING.

UOR is great, even with these delays on promises, or broken deadlines, product of life itself. The other servers may be fun, but they are broken, or at least they are broken to me, as to the way I see things.

That beeing said, @Jeebs don't leave! You strike me as a cool guy. I understand your frustration (also Ragnar's). But you both are veteran players, you know how things are around here, so you don't get to rage quit on known issues : )

Words be gone, let's move on.
    Pharoah likes this.
  3. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome to UOR :) glad you like this shard and from the looks of it , you are very level and open minded about things ...
    There is nothing more then "pickin" coming from me , even tho i don't get the leader boards i still had fun this event and in everything i do in UOR..
    i will most likely play here till the end and enjoy every minute of it , cuz hell why play it if your not having fun

If you do need anything myself and many others are more than happy to help out a new player , so if you need need just give me a holler

very unfortunate on @Jeebs dropping out like this , wish him luck on his journey if he does decide to stay away and still welcome him to stay, it is after all just a game "Free at that"
    Pharoah likes this.
  4. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Since nobody has asked yet... @Jeebs can I have your stuff?
  5. Air

Air Well-Known Member

6. AlexHell Slayer

AlexHell Slayer Active Member

Thanks Ragnar! I am well settled for the moment, got me a large tower first month, got my vendor running ten days ago, doing well... but I'll ring a bell if I need help : )
    Pharoah and Ragnar Lothbrok like this.
  7. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member

All these reasons for quitting are so unique for a free server running a 23 yr old game. You're filling up on all the nostalgia and the blaming the guy running it for not meeting deadlines. It's not that serious, he's getting DDOS attacks and coding this shit pixel for pixel with wife and kid in hand. Talk to your peers or take a break but don't lash out and act like deadlines are that serious. Sorry for how you feel Jeebs, enjoyed the trades and small talk sir!
  8. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

Mostly been avoiding this thread just...well I didn't want to hear most of it because of how toxic people are on the interwebs.

Didn't expect it to cause this much stink either.

I realize throwing a 2 year old temper tantrum over a game was bad on my part. Deadline or not. Probably a mix of my competitiveness and the stress in RL. Which is what this game is suppose to be for, escaping real life.

I'm still going to take my break because obviously I need it.
    I wont be refreshing my houses because, honestly, I'm terrible at that. Even while actively playing I almost let some IDOC and did let my first placed house here IDOC because I forgot about it.

I've already given my Yew tower away to a young player with everything included inside. (@twarf be nice to your new neighbor)

I am giving my pirate SST to @Zyler as a reward in the upcoming fishing tournament. All the deco stays in that with up to 105 lockdowns. (probably worth 3mil+ in deco and lockdowns) Take a look at it at Pirates Pointe right on the gate and water.

My Yew vendor house I will probably give to @Raag74 as he already has a vendor there. (message me for transfer buddy)

I also have my "Triplets" 3 SST all together at Pirates Pointe I need to find owners for (preferable 1 owner to manage all 3)

And I need to find someone that wants my Waterfall SST, someone that's into deco that can make it look nice for the spot.

All my other random places I already dropped for the deeds.

Going to clear out my stables and give to @Michael S. Durst probably so those don't rot away.

Will keep what's in my banks and on my toons. That's about it. If I come back Ill find new housing and new pets. Its all replaceable. I started with nothing anyway right?

For everyone on my side thanks for the support! For all the shit talkers, thanks for keeping the balance in the Universe!
  9. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

@Jeebs I don't think i've run into you in game much but you seemed like a pretty cool dude from many of your posts. I hope you come back soon refreshed and ready. Best of luck man.
    Miami likes this.
  10. Cronos

Cronos Well-Known Member

@Jeebs Been traveling lately for work. I'll be it or miss this week. I'm sorry to hear you're leaving. I hope to see you in the future.
  11. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Sounds good @Jeebs .

Every year I pretty much get rid of everything except housing for guild village and properties I use.

I keep an outfit or two per character, I keep all my ethy and runebooks, motws, I keep my currency. I keep my main slayers for instance character. And whatever deco that has meaning to me still.

Everything else is purged one way or another and it's fun rebuilding every year and see what I acquired.

Anything boxed in your house you are very correct you wont miss.

Glad things seem well and catch ya down the road.
    Zyler likes this.
  12. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

1- Jeebs Bank all your main goods. Take a brake don't leave.
    2- When your return, try to build a different relation with the game. Let me tell you something, let the competition to the real world.. is there where we need to work, to pay the bills, to see people that we doesn't want to.. so.. if you really want to escape from it, take out the competitive side, goals, long term plans. I think you, as me, is not a old player restricted into a group, inside in rivalry ambience.
    3- If you come back, take a walk at serps will always have a newb looking for a guided dungeon run, or 1-2 year old members of the shard playing and trying to do some hardcore pvm
    together.
  13. twarf

twarf Well-Known Member

14. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

i'm new....please give item
  15. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Does this mean ypu are gonna hook me up with the town blessing requests I have Sen in love the years
  16. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Wtf is Air really a GM... haven't seen any new ones around

Think he just trolled the lot of us
    One and Jesus Is King like this.
  17. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

GM Skunkape has such a nice ring to it though
    One and LanDarr like this.
  18. Air

Air Well-Known Member

? Why would I joke about this?
  19. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

He's GM of being Bronze on League!! HEHE!
    One likes this.
  20. Dash

Dash Active Member

10 plat says he'll be back before 2020

upload_2019-4-30_18-23-46.png