Useless security?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hasskappe, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Hasskappe

Hasskappe New Member

[​IMG]

I guess an almost 10 year break from UO was far too long. There are sooo many things that I simply can't remember it isn't even funny. For example take this picture of my new house. I'm standing in the secure spot, the door is locked, the keyring is properly locked down and the house is secured with locked down tables and a trash-barrel. In the back there is the secure container and a locked down bank rune. In my backpack is a newbied hatched to destroy trash barrels and a recall scroll to get away (more recall scrolls in the secure container). So everything seems to be perfect, right? But for the love of god, I'm completely unable to remember why I should use that table/trash-barrel security thing at all. I mean I know what it is for BUT I can't figure out why it would be useful in a private, small 7x7 with a single secure container?
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

In that situation it's pretty pointless. But there is no item decay in houses, so once you have a stack of phat loots up against that back wall that isn't secured or locked down the table barrier makes a lot more sense.

[​IMG]
  3. Hasskappe

Hasskappe New Member

WHOOOOOOT? No item decay in houses? Ok, now that is a really important information! Thanks a lot! :)