Trade Forum Code of Conduct - Updated 6-10-16

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Chris, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Dorian Andrael

Dorian Andrael Active Member

I heard my name and my ears started a'burnin. If it's a broker you be in the market for, then I'magine there's something I can do fer ya. If you're interested in discussin it further I can usually be found in the Salty Dog, the Shattered Skull, or the Silver Bow.

Odd how many taverns have names startin with an "S", ain't it?

In any case, that's where I'll be most days. My rates are fair, though they're not the lowest you'll find. You get what ya pay for there, though, mark my word on it. And, if you choose to go with one of my esteemed competitors, my condolences.

I look forward to hearing from ya.
  2. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thanks for your comment @Dorian Andrael - even though I did not call for your help myself. ;-p

I have had a number of offers of brokerage "for free for friends" (i.e. people that I already know and trust) in PM here and on IRC.
    Dorian Andrael likes this.
  3. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Is it against the trade forum rules to post a trade thread and then change the terms and conditions mid process. By in which not explicitly stating said terms and conditions in the original trade post? I see some applications of this fall under general suggestions. But if the intention is to deceive the unaware could this be "Luring someone ingame to steal the item, rather than buying it, elaborate scams involving house sales, etc".
  4. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Any staff want to voice about people not putting specifics in the trade thread?
    Seems to be several cases of potential scamming on the trade forums that are in relation to my post here.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  5. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Can you link to them?

We and that's the collective "we" tend to do pretty well self policing these things.

If you got scammed - I'm sorry that happened, if you ever think something's questionable the best course of action is to not bid on it and report the post and a mod will review it.

I try to follow the "If it's too good to be true it probably is" school of actions....
    Azerothian likes this.
  6. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Could all traders take time to refresh themselves with the above guidelines before posting in the trade forums please?

I have very limited time to spend this time of year and would like to spend it in-game helping and not responding to reports.

If you don't want to buy the item do not post! any off topic posting will be faced with a warning and possible exclusion from the forums.

Let's get the trade section back in-line please :)

Hail UO:R !!
    Kiryana, Jupiter, Sara and 2 others like this.