T-Maps - Are they worth the effort?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by hsdarkblade, Jun 10, 2023.

1. hsdarkblade

hsdarkblade New Member

Hi everyone

Currently I do not have a T-Hunter character. Therefore, I have been accumulating dozens of T-Maps from Drakes and Dragons.

Are they worth the effort? If someone needs to raise their Cartography or just wants to do some with me let me know via PM.

Regards
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you want to try it out the only skill you need for a level one map is 50 real magery to magic unlock the chest. You can decode the map in a few attempts with 0 skills.
  3. Dmose

Dmose Active Member

They are great for down time or when you want monsters in a controlled environment. Some people do them like a full-time job, it's also good gold.
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Tmaps Are relaxing and very nice apecially on those times where there are too many pks tracking the dungeos. Is very profitable specially if you have a tamer to help you to sistematize the high end t-maps. You can make 100 to 150K in gold from level 4 maps + slayer weapons and a good chance of a level 7 map(closed instances with rare spawns/drops)
  5. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

They are definitely worth it. You can bang out the lower-tier ones and make a lot, OR you can "milk" the 5s or 6s... Which means clearing out everything but gold, then pull 1 gold at a time. You can do this for up to 2 hours... And you can make upwards of 100k.

There's also the chance to find a level 7 map.... Which is $$
    hsdarkblade and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

There was a time pks rolled in the dungeons frequently around 2014/2015 and it was dangerous to farm, so I made quite a fortune doing all the 1, 2, 3 level maps solo then doing the higher ones when I had help. You rarely come across people in the wild so its relatively safe and fun to do with a provo mage or something. Someone here might have made a chart of all the loot and gold value of it somewhere here on the forums if I'm not mistaken .