NEW PLAYER GIVEAWAY not an open vote sorry guys likes will be considered

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Ragnar Lothbrok, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think these sort of giveaways are great!
    -Bump
    Cretoma, DaBucs and Ragnar Lothbrok like this.
  2. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

I'll enter. I played UO 15 years ago with my brother. We played on Baja between 1998-2003 roughly. Life changed and we stopped playing until now.

We've both started playing here, and have been enjoying it. I'm not a role player, so really don't have anything to offer on that front. I spent 90% of my time in pvp, and the other 10% on a crafting character. Had a lot of fun in Council of Mages, various warring guilds, etc.

I don't want this mask for any reason other than to sell it and get a jumpstart towards some ethereal mounts and blessed runebooks. After playing the original servers and achieving the level of wealth/account age to have the "end game" stuff, it's an annoyance to be so far from these things when coming back.

So pick me. New Account.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Kash, DaBucs, CalHob and 1 other person like this.
  3. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

EDIT: I've deleted this as I felt it was slightly off topic. My accounts are already entered in this contest, and this was turning into a story post for the characters on those accounts. If you're interested in that kind of thing, you'll soon be able to find the stories over in the photography forum.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    CalHob likes this.
  4. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

If you know any new players 6 months or less , get them to get on and share a little with us about themselves!!!! this event will be closing tomorrow evening, we will take the weekend to come together and pick a winner and get in touch with them to make the trades and celebrate the UOR way of life !!!!!
    Rad likes this.
  5. Rika

Rika New Member

Played UO on the Baja server and found this free shard about two weeks ago when I stumbled upon puck's stream. Only 10 days old, but love playing here and already started that long process of making a tamer. Already made a few friends who have helped me with all the annoying questions I have all the time! Regardless if I get picked or not I'm having a blast playing here! Rika_2-22_19.01.jpg
  6. Crohan

Crohan New Member

Might as well enter this contest

I used to play on the Great Lakes shard when I was like 9 or 10 years old and I remember having a blast. I was part of the Keepers of Maddox guild and regularly took part in guild events. I had to pay the subscription fee with my own allowance too. Eventually I fell out of the habit and stopped playing, but my cousin and I would talk about the adventures we would have all the time.

I'm now a grad student and finishing my final semester. I'm getting my Master's in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on Design, Manufacturing, Ergonomics, Systems, and Biomedical. It took me a while to get to this point due to an accident that nearly cost me my life, but I won't get into that. I've since made a full recovery and enjoying life.

I discovered this shard and have been trying to invite a few friends to join. They haven't done so yet, but I'll keep trying. I'm kind of interested in either joining a guild or trying to resurrect Factions, but I'm not sure if I'll have consistent time to do so.

What will I do with the mask... hmmm.

If I win, I'll have my character go streaking with only the mask in the most crowded city with a Macro running saying Long Live UO:R. Or whatever you want me to say. Or anything you want me to do actually. I think the mask looks great, so I'll wear it to events wherever I'm invited. Thanks for this opportunity!

Attached Files:

RIN likes this.
  7. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

I'm Cretoman of Yew. I'm a man simply looking to find his way home...if it still exists

Attached Files:

8. Ragnar Lothbrok

thread closed thanks for all the entries we will take a look and announce the winners Sunday evening
    RIN likes this.
  9. Ragnar Lothbrok

Congratulations to the winners of the New Player Giveaway ,

@Higler , you will get a Villa to the SE of Yew Bank and 1000 of each Reg inside donated by @Rad
    @Cretoma , you will get a small stone workshop close to cove moongate and 200k check donated by anonymous
    @Skydancer , you will get a Villa North of Yew Bank and the Dull copper Blessed Tribal mask Long Live UOR !!!
    when you are in your new house and get ready for decorations contact @RIN donated by @RIN
    The GM(@Treasureman ) that is helping us identify the account ages can only get the info when you are logged on to the toon you posted the screen shot of on the giveaway thread. Once we verify your age we will get in touch with you and transfer your home to you , Thanks to everyone
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Stian, Witchcraft, Ripper and 2 others like this.
  10. Woobie

Woobie Member

Congrats to all the Winners! Long Live UO:R!!!

And a special shout out to @Ragnar Lothbrok for all he's done.
  11. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

Congrats, folks!
  12. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

Hooray! Thank you!
  13. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

And let me know when you're ready to decorate. @Higler @Cretoma @Skydancer
    Ragnar Lothbrok likes this.
  14. Krampus

Krampus Well-Known Member

Damn... back to farming ice ogres with blade spirits. Thanks for a awesome contest.
    Ripper likes this.
  15. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

I'll offer a free set of house add-ons (Small Forge, Anvil, Loom, & Spinning Wheel) to every contestant free of charge, courtesy of Atrium Mart Moonglow.
    Cretoma, Rad, Ragnar Lothbrok and 2 others like this.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I did a house give away awhile back. I asked the player to just give the house to another player should they decide to move or quit.
    I ran by there a few days ago. It was gone.

I don't feel charitable anymore. It's time to take.

Cya out there
  17. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ty for trying tho!!
    half a million here or there does not hurt me to see a new player , even if they don't stay , have a blast while they are there.
    You also have the big chance of them staying and that is all that counts. it is just a game
    Long Live UOR!!!
    Stian likes this.
  18. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Ragnar Lothbrok likes this.
  19. CalHob

CalHob Member

Congrats everyone!
  20. an evil carebear

an evil carebear Active Member