New AND advanced guide - Provo Dexxer

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rextacy, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Guide: Provo Dexxer

Intro:

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to look at this thread I made. I recently needed this build for the Halloween event but it is also a fun and easy build to have if you’re just starting out or would like to farm and have fun! I started and completed this build in less than 3 day’s time! So I wanted to share this build and how I did it with the community. In this guide I will be explaining how to 7x GM this build in less than 3 days! Note: If you are newer to the shard it will take an extra day or so depending on available game time that you have. What’s great about training this template is that you can train 6 skills, all at once while afk! This will save you a lot of time and get you out in the world a lot faster!

-Skills for the Template:

Desired weapon skill / Anatomy / Tactics / Healing / Music / Provo / 50 Magery / 50 Resist Spells

(With a fresh char, start your character off with 50 Magery and 50 Provo)

-Stats

Str 90 / Dex 90 / Int 45

-What’s required to 7x GM this template:

About 20,000 gold / 2 GM player made instruments (Can buy these at a player vendor in Occlo, or Yew) / 8-15 NPC bought instruments / Suit of chain mail armor / 8 NPC bought weapons of the weapon skill that you are training / about 8k bandages / access to the PS or TnT bard house located by the Pirate camp on Occlo Island. Lastly, you will need to have a 2nd toon for later with at least 50 healing and 50 wrestling to assist your provo dexxer.[​IMG]

NEW PLAYERS: If you are new, acquiring the needed items can be a little tricky at first. To get the gold you can harvest cotton to make cloth, or provo monsters onto eachother in the Occlo new player dungeon while training up the desired weapon skill of your choosing along with the rest of your skills. (Welcome to shard if you are new by the way)

- Stats

When your character is created and you are ready to start grinding the skills/stats, click your skills tab and point ALL arrows next to the skill UP. Lock ONLY the Magery skill since it is done and you will not need to train it. Click “real” at the bottom of skills tab so you know how many more skill points you need to buy in order to cap. Go around a town and buy up skills with gold until your skill cap reaches to max (700) EXCEPT the camping skill. Once this is done, equip your noobie dagger and hack away at some trees for the kindling. (Note: Doing this will raise your stats in 2-3hours time vs the much harder ways) Click the kindling to make a campire and keep repeating this until your stats get to where they need to be. MAKE SURE camping skill is at 0!

-Anatomy and music

In this section the first thing you will need to do is run a Razor macro to train music and anatomy.

Example: 1. Record a macro with you using anatomy on a toon or other player/creature. 2. Set a pause/delay for 6 seconds 3. Double click the instrument 4. Set another pause/delay after for about 8 seconds 5. Loop it.(Razor example picture)

Run this Razor macro until you reach the 70’s in music. (Training anatomy while doing music will help cap the skill later when it is time to start training your weapon skill) Anatomy will not get gains as fast as music which is okay!

-Training Provo, Music, Weapon skill, Anatomy, Tactics, Healing ALL AT ONCE!!!

So since you’re done the start of GM’ing Music and Anatomy, you are now ready for the next step. You will want to get access to PS, or TnT’s bard house. (PM a member of either guild in IRC) Make sure you get friended so that you can put all of your training supplies in the house, not needing to leave until you are ready to go play the character. If you lose connection do not worry because you will be friended to the house and will not be kicked out of it for being logged out.

Since you started off with 50 Provo / 50 Magery, you can start off with the brigands which are in the same location as the pirate’s. Luring these mobs will be semi easy. You can have someone lure them for you or you can lure the mobs yourself to the house. If you lure them yourself, make sure nothing of importance is on you incase you die. You target the desired mob and lure it to the house. Once you are at the house lure the mob in the set up traps. (Stools with a table) When the mob is inside the trapped area, recall out of the house immediately and lure the 2nd one in the other trap. There should be a rune setup to recall off of inside of the house to get untrapped. If you die, no biggie. Go to a healer and attempt it again.

-Setting your 2 toons up to macro

Once you have 2 Brigand’s, one in each of the 2 traps, you are ready to start macroing! Bring your 2nd toon to the bard house and put him in the chainmail suit. Your 2nd toon will be running a simple Razor macro to heal and target itself every 14 seconds. You will be hitting the 2ndtoon with your provo dexxer, while healing yourself, and provoking at the same time. Now is when you will start gaining all of the 6 skills at once! I will place a macro here for you to copy and paste into razor.

Example:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
    Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|22
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
    Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|312903|1953|987|2|200
    Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1393195|1953|987|2|400
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02

Example:[​IMG]

Once you get your provo skill up to around 75 you will be ready to switch from provoking brigands to pirates. You will be using the same Razor macro as you did while training on Brigands. You will also lure them the same way as you did with the Brigand’s. When pirates are in place, now is the time where you will take out the GM player made instruments. You will be using these instruments until your provo skill gets to about 83. When you reach this skill level you can switch back to using regular instruments in order to get faster gains. This is all about gaining the fastest way after all! (Make sure to change the targets on your Razor macro)

Now it is all smooth sailing! Sit back and watch those skills rise! When you are done those 6 skills you will want to start the final step. Training Resist Spells. Just cast fire field and run across it and heal yourself until ya get to 50! It will shoot up quick.

In less than a couple days’ time, you will be ready to go out into the world to farm/explore! Good luck and thanks for reading my guide. Please excuse all the mistakes I made typing this up!

When you are done your new character you can now set up macros. These will be crucial while playing this build out in the world. It can help in tricky situations. Whether if you need to quick recall out, defend, or chug some pots while trying to stay alive. The 50 Magery is for that.

Some examples of macros/ hot keys would be:

Macros: Heal, cure, reactive armor, recall, wall of stone, and teleport for defense. Weaken, magic arrow, harm, fireball, and poison for offense. (This is not a PvP build but these can be useful to defending youself)

Always have a heal self macro running in razor when playing this build!

Create hot keys for Provo, target self, last target, target nearest murderer, cancel targe, resync, Arm/Disarm weapon, heal, cure, refresh, and strength pots
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Cretoma, RIN, Ahirman and 2 others like this.
  2. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

If you have vendors with the instruments mentioned above , please do not hesitate to state your name and vendor location. This will only quicken the players process to finishing and getting out there !
  3. JCap5000

JCap5000 Member

Thanks for the info. I am building my first provo dexxer now.
    What would be the advantages/disadvantages to having Fencing / Anatomy / Healing / Music / Provo/ Magery / Meditation instead of tactics and resisting spells?

I like to cast a lot, and my thinking is I can do a lot more damage faster with summons, but am I missing something? Does it significantly limit how much you can cast spells with no meditation?