Mount Fatigue please!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Enslaved, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

Well hi everybody...

first post, first complain.

Why is there still no mount fatigue?! Every freeshard i was playing on is full of running idiots, talking shit while steal/disarm and then run run run run run...

THIS would be the first thing i would fix if i would run a freeshard.
    Nerull likes this.
  2. Nerull

Nerull Member

Watchout Enslaved! These guys live their entire UO player lives on Mounts and anything less would be over powered!

''NO Bolas!''
    ''NO Dismounting Archery''
    ''NO Mount Stam Loss!''

And then they even go as far as saying ''NO GATING AWAY PETS! Its way to overpowered''.... <--- LOL!

Anyway, Thanks for Noticing Enslaved.
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The only system of mount fatigue I ever played with was one in which after running for a moderate distance you would get off the horse, spam all follow me, and get back on the horse (via macro), this rejuvenating the horse. If THIS is the system that you are describing, I think its a good thing we don't have it. Why would that do anything? Even the people doing the chasing have to press their macro and dismount for a moment thus making the distance between the 2 parties equal.

And Nerull, I see no point in implementing tons of new mechanics that will level the playing field against RP orcs who shouldn't even care about a level playing field in the first place. In addition, orcs make the choice to go mountless and not just RP being on worgs or something.

Seriously tho, you think people will want to play with the URKs if you all became a bunch of bola ball wielding, dismount archery, gankers? Sounds like a blast......
    Eladrin likes this.
  4. Nerull

Nerull Member

*slaps el hornos hand multiple times!!* Have some respect, the man is upset about stam loss.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Ragar likes this.
  5. Nerull

Nerull Member

El Horno! If the only system of mount fatigue you've ever played was ONE in which after running for a moderate distance you get off the horse and spam all follow me, then I THINK you would be referring to Second-age! A-ha! No wonder you don't like the sounds of Mount stam loss. Well, I would agree with you there. That was a BUG from OSI back in the day and secondage thought it would be best to implement that ''all follow me'' trick, I say we just fix that ''all follow me'' bug so you can't refresh your pets stam so quickly!

And El Horno, I have freedom of speech Pal, and I can give my opinion of mechanics. Regardless if its for Role-playing purposes or nerdy pvm on vent. Whatever the reason, I can say whatever the fuck I want.

Seriously though, I do think people would want to play with Urks if we all become a bunch of bola ball wielding, dismounting archery gankers, Know why? Because most people don't base their entire uo lives around pixels.

*slaps again*
  6. Astragon

Astragon Member

Freedom of speech only protects you from government persecution. You can be censored in this space however the forum owner sees fit. ;)
  7. Nerull

Nerull Member

8. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Then I'm sorry but I have the freedom of speech of saying this is the worst of way of convincing someone.

and I agree with elhorno, you should stop requesting things because you're an orc and you think the shard should give orcs some status or benefit. you guys already have a fort. this is going towards "dude I'm an elf, 120 archery pls, because elves make good archers".
    Eladrin likes this.
  9. Eladrin

Eladrin Member

maybe I should ask for ML elf models, faster mana regeneration and such? funny. The thing is, you guys choose to RP as orcs, and I do so as an elf. You choose not to mount or whatever you guys do, just like me never wearing a full armor or keeping my STR lower than average people. These are the RP elements/ flavors that enrich the game, I think; just because people like rp doesn't mean they are entitled.
  10. Nerull

Nerull Member

Like I said, mention one thing about mount Stam etc the Trammell folks come out from the woodwork.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Mount fatigue needs to happen. This infinite running shit is garbage. You fatigue while running....why not your mount? Oh because PvP...yeah, well you know what you'd get with mount fatigue....fewer people running from fights or able to run so damn far from them. In order for it to work out right though, the fatigue needs to hit the riders, for those with ethereals, etc. Just make every 10 tiles or so take 1 stamina from the rider at full sprint, regardless of mount.

I don't even consider mount fatigue anything to do with RP orcs. I don't use a mount when fighting orc RPers and mount fatigue won't do a fucking thing for people on foot. By the time I've hopped off and fed my mount, in a realistically programmed scenario, they wouldn't be caught up yet. There is one shard I know of that doesn't allow the All Follow Me bug. You have to feed your mounts. Fortunately they don't have to deal with the challenge of balancing ethereals into the mix, so they've got a smaller fish to fry and it tastes good.
    Ragar and Nerull like this.
  12. Mimic

Mimic Member

I agree with Nerull. Mount stam was a safeguard against eternal running. It makes a chase worth while and fun for both sides.

Also where the hell are the bola balls?

Hello? OP tamers? bola balls even that up a tad and also gives incentive to tread lightly, making the game more exciting.

The combination of these issues plus nerfed spells against house dwellers has pretty much stuck a knife in the back of house pvp.

I don't know about you guys but house pvp was one of my main passtimes on Osi, on the side of the dweller, or raider.

The lack of these minor systems has kind of made the scene here a little bland.

Just my two cents. I like this server a lot but there is always room for improvement, or regression back to the original state of the game, which I think was the main idea about UOR.
    Nerull likes this.
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Enlightened perspective: Reversion or regression is NOT contrary to the pursuit of perfection.
  14. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

On OSI in factions, mount fatigue was important part of the game and way people did fighting. As much i like it here being able to run for miles and miles, it takes the risk out of running about.

Even though, this being implemented would mean tamers are even more powerful... I still want it, as it would mean a reason to use other types of mounts other than just for looks. You could easily set up system like this.

Note figures picked out my head., just at random, to give idea.

Horse - run for base 5min .(+ some formula on mount dex to increase value) .. full speed. stopping or walking slow for 10 seconds (+ some formula on horses mount dex to value ) would fully recover it.

ridable llama- run for base 10min .(+ some formula on mount dex to increase value) .. full speed. stopping or walking slow for base 30 seconds (+ some formula on mount dex to lower value ) would fully recover it.

ostard - run for base 7min .(+ some formula on mount dex to increase value) .. full speed. stopping or walking slow for base 20 seconds (+ some formula on mount dex to lower value ) would fully recover it.

etc etc for all other mounts.of course these figures just picked as example. not that they would be anything. like that. the thing about different types would people would need to decide, do they want to run for longer. or stop more for less but run shorter. would need to be balanced well but it would add a reason for different mounts other than looks.

Could also add, getting off mount reduces recovery time to say 1/5 of the time. so horse at 10 would recover to full. by being off it for 2 seconds. no need for any all etc spam. the risk to getting off horse is, that if you are being chased, the horse could get attacked, but that's a risk take for faster recovery.
    Nerull likes this.
  15. Athena

Athena Active Member

I wouldn't mind seeing mount fatigue again, its not hard to just get off the pet and feed it a few apples to refresh its stamina.
  16. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I'm all for mount fatigue. I don't quite understand why it would make tamers more overpowered, though. Unless I'm mistaken a nightmare can only have 5 more points of dexterity than a horse (in theory.) If fatigue is based on the dexterity of the mount, frenzied ostards would be the only mount that really outclassed the others in terms of stamina. A mount fatigue patch could make a market for good horses and give non-tamers a better reason to use our bonding system. I suppose tamers would own the new horse market, though. . .
  17. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Where did you get the impression that I am trying to censor you, or that you could not say what you want to say? Nerull, I respect your opinions on mount fatigue. I hear them, and respectably disagree. I think that mount fatigue as a mechanic is inherently a pain in the neck. Having your movement slowed.... gah... And for what again? So people can't run from pvp encounters? Both the chaser and the runner will have mount fatigue so I don't really see what is going to change here except place a larger burden on players who don't go farming with red pots and potion hotkeys or pet dismount/feed/remount macros.
    Introducing this mechanic to me feels like moving in the opposite direction of History Perfected.
  18. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

This request will not add value to the situation aside from an additional hotkey to a new macro that I and others would have to create to work around it were it added as a feature.

Also, your request could BUFF THE EVER LOVING HELL out of tamers.

Be careful, please.
  20. Paxenon

Paxenon Active Member

Thumbs down to anything that causes slower movement (outside of a combat debuff).

Whatever problem you think you have fix it some other way. Slower movement = more boring game.
    wylwrk likes this.