Improving Razor - Razor Development

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 22, 2018.

1. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Some good stuff here.
    Be careful with committing to all the work without giving Chris a run down of the changes though...

Some of these suggestions would open up a world of automation / scripting that won't be allowed.

e.g. a macro that does something triggered by a targets health.
  2. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sure, his feedback is also welcomed. Like I mentioned in my OP, the goal here is to make improvements to Razor that keep the spirit of Razor intact, not create some UO bot app.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  3. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Mayb
    Worth mentioning that UOSteam does not have this issue. I don’t use it because 1.) it’s not legal here and 2.) I’m too used to using Razor, but I have tested it out of the frustration with desync. You can run and cast indefinitely without issues desyncing. I am not sure if the code for UOS is open source as well, but if so, it might be worth running in debug mode and comparing the way the two programs interface with the client to deliver and receive packets.
    Animal Control likes this.
  4. JimmyTheHand

@Quick @Pill

A simple semi-fix on the desync issue could be to just run the sync function on a timer, likely adjustable time set by the user.

It wouldn't fix the specific "oh shit I'm desync'd" moments, but would fix a lot. That function is definitely already in there and couldn't be easier to implement. Would be just like running it in a macro (not that anyone does that).

Actually, now that I think of it... someone, go see if you can get an almost fix on this problem by adding in the Resynchronize Client command to a spell casting macro immediately after the cast line.

Begin Record Here->Macros Tab->Misc->Select "Resynchronize Client"->Execute Selected->Stop Recording->Win?

Shouldn't even need a delay applied, although a 1ms might be a good idea? *shrug* In theory it should work, assuming the desync problem occurs at the same moment.
    I assume it does, as everyone says whilst running and attempting to cast.

I can and will try this myself, but likely better tested by someone who has repeatedly been plagued by the issue.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  5. JimmyTheHand

Suggestion: I'm not sure if everyone experiences this problem, but, I assume so :D Should be an easy fix too.

When required to enter data to a text field the damned popup window with the field has focus, but, it requires an additional click within the text field to make the cursor appear and be able to type in it.

I rage at this often.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Quick likes this.
  6. JimmyTheHand

One more suggestion:
    Adding a macro to a group requires typing in the group name each time.
    It is the devil.

Drop down of available groups, or autofill of last string (group) from that field would be lovely.
    Balgami and Quick like this.
  7. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Thanks Jimmy, I forgot about those. Added to the list.
  8. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

I’ve tried this as well, but excessive use of client resync will cause rubber-banding - so if you are casting a lot that could be an issue. I mentioned casting, but the issue also exists while running around on a dexer. I am not sure if it’s just simply movement or spells cast on screen at all (opponent) can trigger it. Maybe the code was originally designed around slower broadband speeds and high speed connections send data to the client/razor faster then they can receive. That’s just spitballing though.
    Animal Control likes this.
  9. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

I'd love "Refresh macro list" to also reload every macro from disk.
    Disregard, this already happens.
    Hm, maybe a prompt when Razor is about to overwrite fresh external changes in a macro file?
  10. JimmyTheHand

Just noticed I tagged Pirul and not you... anyway!
    You might be on to something with the design being based around slower speeds, I have a higher ping than a lot on UOR due to location in the world and I don't seem to ever have an issue with client sync.
    I should mentioned that I am constantly trying to run whilst casting to ensure fastest possible movement when cast finishes and I've never seen a desync from that.

Solution is obviously to stop your filthy good ping cheating!

I'd be curious to know if there's any difference when artificially increasing your ping though.
    Quick likes this.
  11. Kylaeris

Kylaeris New Member

The ability to start and stop a looped macro with the same hotkey would be phenomenal.
    Paxenon and Quick like this.
  12. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Or the ability to pause a macro?
    Quick likes this.
  13. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Oh yeah..

Code:
    If "Macro Is Running" And "HotKey For Same Macro Is Hit" Then
       Stop Macro
    End If
    Perhaps a separate hotkey to pause any running macro?

Added to the list.
    Kylaeris likes this.
  14. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

@Twister

To clarify, right now Razor will auto-save macro changes. Are you saying that you'd like the option to see a prompt before this happens?
  15. Kylaeris

Kylaeris New Member

Another feature I'd love to see is target by type have AND modifiers. For example Target by Type: 34 AND Grey.
  16. JimmyTheHand

I think this means that when editing a macro text file. You can lose changes made in text file when razor decides to overwrite. My notepad++ seemingly randomly just tells me "this file has been modified by another program"

This should be a toggle option. Sometimes spamming a macro hotkey occurs. Could get frustrating :p
  17. Twister

Notepad++ is definitely not doing it at random, it does it when Razor randomly choses to auto-save your macros :)

It could be a prompt or just a checkbox "auto-save macros" that I would turn off immediately in all my profiles. I think checkbox is much easier to implement.
    The problem that I have today: when I'm running 3 chars at once and I edit a macro in one of the instances, I have to reload that macro in 2 other instances. And if I edit it externally (in notepad), I have to reload that macro in all 3 instances... and those external edits often touch multiple macros at once. So it becomes hell to manage very quickly, and I often find my recent changes overwritten by Razor.
  18. Twister

Here's an easy suggestion: ability to open macro files with default system application (text editor for most people) from macro window.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  19. JimmyTheHand

Thats what I meant :) from the view I see it seems random, "oh, you're writing over that now are you razor? cool..." :p

The random comes from razor. The editor is just letting me know.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  20. JimmyTheHand

Regarding the macro saving. Auto is great unless you have razor open and are editing the file directly.

A prompt when its saving each time would be annoying.

A save button to hit manually would be annoying.

Not sure how to address.
    Possibly a toggle for autosave, annoying if you forget its off though.

Possibly a prompt like "razor is about to auto save your macros, do you wish to disable this?" With a timer that asks again after multiple autosave cycles were ignored? and/or a prompt on closing razor, "you have unsaved macros, save them now?"

The autosave on/off needs to be quite visible/obvious/intuitive/intelligent. There'll be macro loss from UI changes otherwise, which just reverses the issue and will affect a larger number of users than the current issue.

Edit: What if we added a check to see if macro file is open elsewhere? Might be a bitch to get working correctly, but could be the ultimate solution.