Fast track guide to taming

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Upgrayedd, Jul 18, 2013.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

I did bulls to about 92 and I'm now 98 after about 10 hours... I think there is a step missing on this hell hound guide/macro because the hell hounds stay tame for a long time and sometimes they spawn too far away and don't walk down to the barrels. I think a herder in the middle of the room is necessary.

But overall a great guide!
  2. Eye Steel

Eye Steel Active Member

I created a hider/herder and macro'd him overnight on a bull in the Skara guard zone. Then I sent him to hellhounds to hide in the middle of the room and herd the hounds to my tamer. Worked great!
    r3ckon3r likes this.
  3. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Active Member

I found this to be a very accurate assessment of this shard from a new player's point of view. I am currently at 72, need to tame bulls and the Jhelom pen situation has left me somewhat hopeless. If anyone has a better Bull taming solution that would be awesome because this sucks!
  4. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have always used Delucia and have had success there.
  5. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Just stay at it. There is usually a healer just north and in-between the two pens. If not it’s not far through the portal back into town.
    Sometimes some loser will kill you every 10 minutes and sometimes you’ll go 4-5 days without getting killed.

Best advice is not to care and don’t get into it with another player even if they do something stupid. Talk to them but don’t get into a fight, otherwise they will go out of their way to grief you. I will even make a point to help others - say go get them a serpent if I notice theirs went missing.
  6. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Active Member

What is your Delucia strategy for bulls?
  7. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member

I tame and tame and tame and tame. There is a good spawn inside town and one just outside to the west. I go back and forth. If I see other tamers I make sure to do re-tames. If no one else is there I tame and kill.
  8. Swafflehouse

Swafflehouse New Member

Off topic but did something change in wind where you can no longer tame dragons by the guard zone by teleporting and then blocking a tile so the dragon cant melee or teleport to you? It now says that location is blocked when trying to teleport to the safe spot.
  9. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member

Yes that changed quite a while back.
  10. Swafflehouse

Swafflehouse New Member

That's so strange it was working like a months ago or so. I only tamed a handful of dragons but I did them all in wind like that and I started on this sever about 2 months ago. Well that sucks.
  11. Carm

Carm Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Swaffle it worked up to like ~3 weeks ago (maybe slightly longer). My wife used it back in late June when she GM'ed taming and when I tried to do it after I GM'ed my tamer it was a no go.
  12. Swafflehouse

Swafflehouse New Member

Yeah it was May/June when I last used it and went today but that one tile is blocked now. Its been around forever why change it now?
  13. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member

14. Carm

Carm Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Possibly, I know it worked recently and then stopped again. I get it, that's a fairly easy way to get a dragon if you dual box or have someone who can help.
  15. Swafflehouse

Swafflehouse New Member

I just wanted to know that I wasn't crazy when I used it a few weeks ago and then it stopped working recently lol I was there when you and your wife taming there too Carm
  16. Bullock333

Bullock333 Active Member

This guide is amazing. But one note for new players who don't want Hythloth Hounds to push through their orc bodyguards and eat them alive:

To do Hounds you need decent Lore and to add an "all stay" line to the macro. If you don't, freshly tamed/aggroed hounds will push through the orcs and kill your tamer.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    JCap5000 and r3ckon3r like this.
  17. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

This is true and I only realised until recently. These are the very reason why my tamers kept dying. All stay seems to do the job very well!
    Bullock333 likes this.
  18. JCap5000

JCap5000 Member

I'm trying out this template. I decided to try dagger island instead of the desert or swamp. A couple issues came up.
    1. The macro does not automatically cause the creatures to stay once the 2nd toon brings them up. They want to turn around and immediately leave unless manually clicked and attacked first. Is there a way to build the macro to attack first? I can't get mine to record the attack or retarget the 'attack last target.'

2. It is taking far longer to draw up new creatures than if I were just walking with one account taming. Not to mention polar bears and walruses follow at different speeds so have to choose which you are bring at one time or let the bear attack you the whole way.

I tried for about 30 mins and gained .5 using two accounts. I think I could have gained a lot more taming on one account manually.

Any advice? or is dagger just not as good as starting point anymore? Will I see similar things in the desert?
  19. Crisco-Pjoe

Crisco-Pjoe Active Member

The nice thing about the desert is that the scorpions are hostile. So once they are close to your tamer they will begin attacking that character and stay close. They will also turn hostile to any scorpion that becomes tame and kill it. That helps keep the herd thinned out and the scorpions respawning.
  20. Astrodamous

Astrodamous Member

where do you find ridable llamas?