why so few vendors

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gotzhaus, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus New Member

I noticed that there a few vendors anywhere in the game. is this do to folks having so much time to create enough alts they are not needed?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Thread should be named "why so few people"
  3. Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus New Member

easy enough to answer that, folks like the flashy items found on other servers, like blue Beatles etc.
  4. Snorko

Snorko Well-Known Member

@Gotzhaus go to Vesper, go to Ocllo, go to Yew. What are you looking for that you can't find?
    Kiryana likes this.
  5. Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus New Member

well, I have acquired alot of shipwreck stuff, thinking of making a vendor to sell the items. Never really seen any around
  6. Snorko

Snorko Well-Known Member

Happy to take you on a vendor tour. Ping me in game #7244. The only stuff that will sell well from shipwreck items are the metal chests, the rest will be hit or miss depending on the needs of home deco. Otherwise, CUB all that stuff and sell the copper, or use it for rewards, like home expansions.
    Kiryana and gitchu1000 like this.
  7. Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus New Member

can you cub pillows?
  8. Snorko

Snorko Well-Known Member

I believe so, use the CUB barrel and select appraise and then target any item to see what the CUB value is.
  9. Bloke

Bloke Member

You can CuB all of the shipwreck items. That’s really all they are worth.
    Gotzhaus and Snorko like this.
  10. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Like Snorko said there are definitely areas where vendors are common. Shopping centers you could say.

Personally, I avoid the vendor thing because I feel like the fees are too high on most things. I think that when populations are bustling and peeps are buying things often, maybe it doesn't impact your profit as much. But this isn't 1998, and the populations just aren't the same. It becomes a pretty major burden to leave items sitting on a vendor that just never sell. You can literally end up SPENDING more than you are collecting.

The trade forum has probably had a major impact there too. There just isn't really any need for player vendors anymore on most things. For items with high value, auction format is far better for the seller. Not only can people bid higher and higher, but you aren't losing money to vendor fees.
    Kiryana, One, Gotzhaus and 4 others like this.
  11. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member

Discord, Trade Forum, Multiple Accounts, and small player base.

Everyone has or can make whatever they need, and if not, it's a lot easier to put a message up asking for it than hop around random abandoned vendors.
    Kiryana and Jill Stihl like this.
  12. Raxxus

Raxxus Member

I'm sorry, ignorant here. What do you mean CUB? Clean up Britainnia ? Is there a specific place for that?
  13. Venger

Venger Active Member

Why not substantially lower or even remove the vendor fees? Seems long overdue giving the reasons NCAANCP mentioned above.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Kiryana, Venger and NCCML like this.
  15. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

I'd use vendors a heck of a lot more if they didn't have the fees yeah. I like the idea of 1k a month or something. Just something that doesn't kill your profits.
    Venger, One and AOٌ like this.
  16. Venger

Venger Active Member

I would run a vendor if they didn’t cost so much. A nominal fee or no fee at all and I think you would see an explosion of vendors which would really be nice both for new players and decreasing the hoarding.
    I have tons of stuff that I would throw on a vendor that might be useful but because the cost is so high it just sits in a chest.
    One likes this.
  17. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

same, I'd run vendors if they wouldn't cost this much
  18. Crisco-Pjoe

Crisco-Pjoe Active Member

Running my vendor house is the majority of what I do right now. I don't have a lot of time to do much else for the time being. I do it more of a service and way to help the shard while I'm unable to be more active. Several of the vendors run at a loss but I enjoy knowing that I have the items available if anyone needs them.
    One likes this.
  19. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

When I had a store/library near the minoc moongate, my hot stolen goods vendor was always there. The rest of the goods there were just expensive rare pixels, invul bone armor, and only juice!

But when you put up a really expensive thing for sale, it is expensive for you, because the seller requires a good salary. And I liked this fact of the high salary of the seller and never interfered. Even more, I believe that this is an incentive for a more harmonious and deliberate trade!

When you come and see several million in revenue on the seller, you begin to understand that you are getting a great boost ...

Be a smart businessman and pay real wages to those who are a little lower. After all, your sellers have their own families to feed!

The vendors are also extremely helpful when you're playing in a different time zone or just want to display a complex item like bod's...

I liked to keep only one seller, it was very interesting. Maybe I would have continued to keep it, but I traded this house for my favorite 2nd vesper robe and the deal was good.

And of course the place is of great importance friends.

7D223E66-D019-4DDA-8EB5-6183DA0E2B3C.jpeg

CD31469C-7FD9-4C0E-B542-C06B5B47DCA0.png

Never, under any circumstances, keep the seller empty, this will negatively affect your reputation, and you should also value your client's time! This is the golden rule I believe!

Being a salesperson in UO is just as great as home ownership, connecting with people and everything that makes UO the best game ever!

Edit: sweet cyber memory >>> https://uorforum.com/threads/4dv3rt...heck-maybe-your-thing-is-already-there.31748/

Love to everyone! :)
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Snorko likes this.
  20. Thorulf

Thorulf Member

I ran a vendor selling shipwreck stuff at trinsic and later at yew. All the items will sell over time (even body parts!), but don't expect to get rich this way. Metal chest are the only things that sell quickly. And naturally the new rare paintings sell very well right now.

I agree with the upkeep being too high killing the profit. Would be nice with a fixed low fee, or even just having a cap.
    Snorko likes this.