Taming in Destard

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jahoda, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Jahoda

Jahoda New Member

I have read an older post saying that dragons can be tamed off of a ledge in Destard, where they do not have line of sight and do not attack you. But I cannot find such place in Destard. When on a ledge with a dragon down bellow me, I do not have LOS either and cannot start taming. Anyone knows if and where this can be pulled off? Or are there other tricks for taming dragons in Destard? Thanks.
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  2. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

There is a 1 tiles "safe spot" in the southern cavern area, I will try to post a picture soon.

I dont use that spot because it is like asking a PK to mess with you and have fun doing it.. destard has heavy foot traffic and PKs are fond of the dungeon.

Use Paralyze Fields and stand long wise so the dragon/tame walks into the field 2x per field cast. Make a hotkey to tame last target, and be sure you have a Cancel Target Queue hotkey to be sure you don't mess up when targeting.

Personally I prefer going to Covetous level 5, Fire Temple, or Wind dungeon. Less traffic and less chance of a monster killing you or making things more difficult.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  3. Jahoda

Jahoda New Member

There is this old post from El Horno: http://uorforum.com/threads/how-to-tame-your-dragon.7067/

that mentions two safe locations in Destard and has pictures of these. However, the pictures work only for one of the spots - this one in the northern part of Destard:

upload_2022-2-20_22-53-54.png

This spot works fine, I have tamed my first (and so far only) Dragon here.

Can anyone please share a picture or location description of the second safe spot in Destard? I assume it is the one in souther part that AO mentions. THX.
    AOٌ likes this.
  4. Jahoda

Jahoda New Member

A good soul let me used his rune to get to the second safe spot for taming in the southern part of Destard. Here it is:

upload_2022-2-23_17-0-56.jpeg
    AOٌ likes this.