Rembrandt

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Six.spirit, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Six.spirit

Six.spirit Active Member

When I first started on this shard, Rembrandt of the [247] guild, gave me and my friend cash for raising skills and each of us our own house to start out with. He helped us and many others get started here and I haven't left the guild he recruited me to since that day. It's going to be hard to leave.

I really hope that I am not mistaken, but I have confirmed to the best of my ability that the person who played Rembrandt has passed away, and I just wanted to make a post to let everyone know that he is part of the reason I play here and not some other server or not at all and that he will be missed. Rembrandt was an outgoing, helpful, funny guy with whom I had a lot of fun playing with on my first few months here. I believe he served in the military, had children and played UO here with his father. I think he lived in Texas, but I'm not sure.

Rembrandt owned and operated the sandstone vendor house just east of the Yew Bank so I will be reminded of him and wish him and his family well for however long that building stays standing, and I guess the point of this post is that I hope some of you will too. If I was friended to that house I would refresh it for the rest of my life or the life of the server.

Thanks for reading.
    Invoker, Lord Krake, Jupiter and 16 others like this.
  2. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I remember starting out here and seeing Rembrandt helping new folks out. Never had any quarrels with him and he was always a good dude. If anyone else wants to donate towards a plat statue of Rembrandt I will donate towards it.
  3. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

This is sad news indeed... Rembrandt was always a stand-up guy. If this is true, rest in peace Rembrandt, and my prayers go out to his family.
  4. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Oh wow thats horrible. I spoke with him a couple times but didn't really know him but he certainly seemed like a stand up dude.

I hope that this is wrong and he is enjoying some summer sun somewhere but if it isn't then RIP sir.

My prayers go out to his family as well....

You just never know when your time is going to come......
  5. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

It was a shocker a few weeks ago when someone came in irc to let us know. I remember when he made his orc. was fun seeing him excited about it. Rest In Peace.
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  7. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I've talked to Chris and something is in the works for Rembrandt. I'll give you guys updates in this thread.

Also PS will be running a taming quest in rembrandts honor at some point. Rembrandts taming scroll was donated to PS.
  8. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

@Michael Ozar I am truly sorry for your loss. Your son will be missed and will never be forgotten.
    rembrandht.png
    Iago, Jupiter, Gideon Jura and 4 others like this.
  9. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Dang, RIP. Sometimes I wonder if I pass, would they keep my stable house up or destroy it for a new shopping mall/parking lot?
  10. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I'm happy to donate as well. He was my neighbor in Yew, ran a great vendor and seemed like a very positive influence on the shard.
  11. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Very sad. I always liked him and he was genuinely interested in helping UOR thrive. He will be missed.
  12. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

RIP Rembrandt ...
    I wish to help if its needed to buy him a statue.

Sad news when good guys leave ;-(
  13. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

This cemetery was created to honor the memories of our fellow players who have passed. It's located north of the Justice Shrine and south east of the Flower Grove. As you can see, Elhorno has left some flowers for Rembrandt. If anyone would like to leave flowers for either Rembrandt or Fender Fellhammer, please pm me in irc (Avery) and I'll arrange for Telamon to lock it down for you.

Cemetery1.png Cemetery2.png
    Iago, Jupiter, Andersonius and 5 others like this.
  14. Six.spirit

Six.spirit Active Member

Ok, how should we/can we get a statue for Rembrandt? If we got the plat together, where could we put it? In my opinion it would fit best at his Yew sandstone, but only the owner can place statues, right? So what can we do? What if the whatever house we place it at collapses, what happens to the statue? Can the sandstone be transferred to somebody close to him? I'm not sure if Michael still plays and I don't blame him if he doesn't. I know I'm the guy that made this thread but honestly I don't think I was as close to Rembrandt as some others were but I don't know who those people are and if they still play.

I was thinking it would be cool if there was some hall of fallen heroes mini-instance, perhaps accessed by a entrance located at the graveyard pictured above. We could put statues there which would be nice and cool. This would require development time/resources though and the graveyard is already nice.

What are your ideas everybody?
  15. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  16. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I kinda like what is being done with the graveyard with Telamon locking down flowers. It was unexpected frankly, I just put those roses down with the expectation that they would decay in an hour or be taken by other players. I was very surprised when Avery told me they were still there a week later and even more surprised to learn they would be locked down. I think it would be nice if more flowers were locked down and I encourage people to pm avery and arrange their placement at the graveyard.
  17. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Michael-Ozar (Rembrandt's father) logged on today. El Horno was able to show him the memorial, and he was extremely touched. Rembrandt's mother was also able to see the memorial and was also very touched. Rembrandt's brother will be making a character to see the memorial.

I'm posting this on Michael-Ozar's behalf. He'd like to me to let you all know that he is so grateful for the outpouring of support.

[18:11] <Michael-Ozar> just ty for all their kindness he would have like it

[18:37] <Michael-Ozar> Rembrants Mom and I would like to say ty to eveyone who had part of our son's memorial touch both of hearts and will always be greatful if someones not on pppplz say ty for us from our hearts to yours ty you made our day.

il_fullxfull.281738746.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

That's likely the only condition I would see fitting of letting the house remain standing. As long as you draw breath, I will be intent on its destruction. :p
    Wulver likes this.
  19. Dmose

Dmose Active Member

Saw this guy's house today, 8 years later. UO is timeless
    StarTrakZack and Venger like this.