*Now w/more DOUCHEBAGGERY!* Friday Night Fights #21 (2-12-16 @ 11PM EST)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Vlar, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

2. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Anyone still thinking about potatoes? I like potato wedges... seasoned ones are the best... try chopping up your own wedges then use an onion soup mix (some mixes are salty, like this thread, so use your seasoning packet with care) with some olive oil then toss in a bowl. Bake 350f (dependent upon your wedge thickness) 30-40 mintues... sometimes I'll flip on the broiler for five minutes for extra crispiness! Tin foil that pan or dish makes clean up easy.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    scuba and Artex like this.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Of course I think potatoes are rather brilliant however, unbalanced here when compared to other root vegetables on the server.

Don't get me started on carrots!

Buff potatoes.
    scuba likes this.
  5. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

WHY DID YOU BRING UP CARROTS!

potato overlords ftw
    wylwrk likes this.
  6. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

What I find funniest about this thread....Is the amount of times people have said that Chris "cannot do this" or "shouldn't do this"... or he should just "stay out of it" blah blah blah

I can tell you right now, if someone told me I can't crash my car into a steel wall(even if other people used said car also), I would probably crash it into the wall just out of spite.(with a crash test dummy of course)

Meaning, this is Chris's server, we all play here for free. He puts in the time for the updates and making things run smoothly, spends out of his own pocket to support the server and has been more than fair to most. He can do what he wants and no one else can tell him he can't or shouldn't do anything.

It's obviously the best freeshard out there, or we wouldn't all be playing here. The constant complaining about fairness and taking sides is old and everyone sees it. It's not just from 1 side either. Everyone needs to take a step back and see the bigger picture. We all want more players here, anything to discourage another player, a player run event, or any type of shard negativity is not needed. If everyone spent as much time trying to support the server or promote activities rather than trying to destroy them or log onto irc and start a trash talk session... We would have 1000 daily players and people wouldn't have to attack someone at a player run event to "get a kill on bart".

My personal opinion on the matter(as if anyone cares)... If Punt would have killed Bart while he was a spectator sitting in a chair watching the fight, it would have been hilarious, I would have still expected him banned from future events but I would laugh and point at Bart everyday. However, since this was done "During" a match, that another player spent time in his day to arrange(for the good of the server, not for personal gain)...This is the lowest form of scumbaggery on any type of game I have seen. These actions tend to have a trickle effect... 1 player does something like this, and the whole group gets judged for it. People ask why TT gets such a bad wrap when they do things like "give out gifts to people they kill on haloween", well this is why. One person does something, and the whole group gets judged for it.

People tend to see the bad things that a group does, and ignore the good. I could go on and on about the good things that TT has did as a group as well, but noone cares about that. They only remember and see the bad.

This silly 2 year long "grudge" has been the single most immature thing I have seen on any server on any game I have ever witnessed and the adults in this matter should feel ashamed of themselves. It's time to start treating each other like human beings. Sure, Kill each other in game, its fun. Dry loot them, take their pink kilt just to cut it into bandages and then leave the bandages on the corpse. But the moment you log into IRC just to talk shit, is the moment you look like a complete idiot. There is 1 or 2 people that crave the IRC pvp, they log in for the day just to talk shit. You know who you are. Bow your head in shame like Cersei on game of thrones as she walks naked down the streets. For shame. For shame. For shame. Shame Shame Shame Shame.

Edit: P.S. I also like potatoes very very much. Mashed, Fried, Boiled with Butter, Baked with butter, Baked loaded with cheese, bacon, and sometimes sour cream. I even eat potatoes raw as im cutting/cooking them. Mmmmm, Potatoes.
    Basoosh, Blaise, scuba and 1 other person like this.
  7. napo

napo Well-Known Member

You know, one thing around here that happens is the constant flip flopping you see.
    Whenever you start to make headway into one direction, someone shows up and tries to lead you in another.

This is a good example. You're saying it's just a game deal with it like we're having a problem here, but please take a step back and analyze the big picture.
    That's exactly what the TT side of this argument is saying - it's just a game, game over it. It's not a big deal that some guy killed another one time at a tournament, but here we are being threatened with the banstick because one of our people did something that isn't even against the rules.
    We would like nothing more if people would just learn to be chill and pvp. People are unable to do that, it's one of the biggest problems we have here.
  8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

But the more important question.... Do you like potatoes?
    scuba and wylwrk like this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

10. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Where were you for Potato 2016?!?!?!?!?
  11. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

You forgot the seizure warning. At least be courteous.
  12. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Amen
    Ragar likes this.
  13. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

lol Does it bother you that when I see you in game, or meet you for a sale, I think you look like Carlton IRL? Are you Carlton?
  14. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Im glad. i will leave this here

"Will: Shut up Carlton!
    Carlton: Oh yeah! Well… You smell like brocolli.
    -Will, Vy and Carlton"
    Dyne and Alice Asteroid like this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

This whole damn thread is seizure inducing.
  16. Jack of Shadows

*drops to floor drooling*
  17. Jack of Shadows

I want to steal everything you guys own, on the chars, in the banks, in the houses, everything. Then I want to lock it all in a house and just look at it every now and then and then forget about it.

Fixes please.

Thanks.
  18. Tyndall

Tyndall Member

All I want to know is will there be a fight night tomorrow? I made it to the first one and it was great fun! We had Friday Night Fights on Chesapeake and it really brings back memories. It has also been fun to see some of these talked about PvP'ers in action.
    The fights are great motivation for those that are not so experienced with PvP , to hone some skill and get in the ring!
    Fun Stuff! I hope Vlar will continue to host this event.
    Zyler, Orange and Alice Asteroid like this.
  19. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

this has gone on too long
    please let us enjoy the next
    wylwrk likes this.
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

None of you idiots got banned for gating Rikktor to housekill HateCrime. None of you got banned for exploiting the "res with item in hand" bug to wreck the Freesist session that you could not otherwise have disrupted without actually abusing broken code. No one was banned when you were using the same bug that worked on Rikktor, to gate holiday mobs into a CY.

Please, go on and on and on about how this is somehow a big deal that you're not getting banned for and he's flip-flopping. He gives fucking EVERYONE a huge goddamn leash here and despite strong words of discouragement for certain types of behavior, he'll still talk to you before slamming the door in your face. Every fucking one of us, who enjoy this shard, should be thanking him and shutting your fucking pie holes about his decisions to put griefers on notice, with no specific names cited, only actions.

By all means, if you're so clean, we'll see you here for a long time. Anyone who thinks he can't tell that someone logged on solely to grief an event, they need look no further than the copious data he already shares and consider perhaps it's not that hard to see login times and watch players' actions.

I'm no fuckin angel, and thanks @Chris for at least allowing discourse before slamming doors in my face. :) We're not always going to agree or get along but I know ultimately you do your best to be fair.

@Zyler, you're the next!
    Vlar and Alice Asteroid like this.