My 1st char here: Stealth + Promo

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Elessar, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Elessar

Elessar New Member

Hello everybody!

I played UO about 20 years ago. My primary char was a provo-necro-mage there.

Here I want to start something new, while Provocation remains my favorite skill. I want to be an invisible provocator for PvE/PvM. And have some questions before I start:
    1. Are there exceptional musical instruments here? If so, where can I buy them?
    2. I'm stuck with skills :) 20 years ago I had 5 skills up to 120 (and 6th focus=100). Now, as far as I can see, there is no focus and some other skills. And I think 5 skills are enough for me: Provo, Music, Hiding, Stealth, Magery (for healing and teleport). What other 3 skills to train?
    3. When I use provocation while hidden, will I become visible? If so, will I be able to hide immediately after I use provocation?
    PS anybody from CLNUO here?
    PPS sorry I cannot edit topic title. Of course it's "My 1st char here: Stealth + Provo"
  2. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

1. Yessir. Exceptional and slayer instruments. Check vendors in Ocllo.

2. Meditation and eval int if you're going for a provo stealth mage.... It'll give you good offense. Skills only go to 100 with a cap of 700), btw.

3. Using provo will reveal you, but you can hide again after the 10s skill cool down. Being hidden, won't break provo.
    Elessar likes this.
  3. Elessar

Elessar New Member

Thanks! What about magical invisibility? Will it break provo?
  4. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Nope. Works just like hiding.
    Elessar likes this.