Im out. Thanks for the run

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jeebs, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Jeebs looks like the leaderboard is going to be counted as ending on the 22nd -

Miami, TrojanCow, Kiryana and 2 others like this.
  2. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

3. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

wait a sec; maybe it just me but why should the leaderboard end on the 22nd if the even ended on the 27-28th (depending on timezone)

im not following

i didnt hear anyone complain about the 3 months long Xmas event... eventhough we all know xmas scrolls took a deep dive from 300K odd to barely 200K odds.
  4. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Easter Event was given a fixed end date from the start -

[​IMG]

I don't know if that's the case with Christmas etc?
  5. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

Fair point @Jill Stihl BUT:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/2019-easter-egg-hunt-event.41522/

my 3 cent opinion:

- i dont recall the event started on the 1st of april (i could totally be wrong as i didnt pay attention. history learned me not to focus on "promised dates" and just go with the flow)

- the vendor was said to open on the 4th
    "
    Once the Easter egg hunt is over players will be able to spent the points they accumulated in the Easter reward shop. This shop will be accessible from the reward vendor starting on April 4th and will remain open year round.
    "

- last but not the least: tamable fluffies were taken away, one of the, if not THE most wanted tamable creature. giving few players overpowered monsters beneficials compared to others with regular dragons.
    new tamables never made it likely due to Chris limited time (with all do respect)

i dont even care about the leaderboard, i barely participated and i only helped a few friends here & there.
    what does strike me is that something is getting reverted (which never happened before) because of a complaint.
    Leopold and Ahirman like this.
  6. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

No it's not because of a complaint lol.
  7. Header

Header Active Member

Chris copy and pasted the same text for the past couple years. It actually was in the years following which didn't make sense as the 4th wasn't even in the event time frame.

"
    Once the Easter egg hunt is over players will be able to spent the points they accumulated in the Easter reward shop. This shop will be accessible from the reward vendor starting on April 4th and will remain open year round.
    "
    http://uorforum.com/threads/happy-easter-worldwide-event-march-26th-to-april-4th.16155/

I think he is following the dates he put in the graphic for this years event not reverting based on a complaint.
    The leader board portion of an event needs a hard end that people can work towards.

8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Actually there has been a revert where the Leaderboard kept counting but was rolled back to the actual end date
    I believe it may have been the 3rd or 4th Easter
    Also I think it happened with xmas scrolls a few times where it had to be adjusted
  9. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

I went all out for Night of Horrors 2017 and I'm still waiting for my rewards from that. We are all in the same boat here bro you can quit but at least keep your stuff incase you want to come back someday you dont want to be the next merlin.
    Miami, Nusir, Shipwreck and 3 others like this.
  10. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Guess what @Jeebs
    The Leaderboard has been fixed (rolled back to LB turn-in end date)
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

That is the price you pay for a free to play server Jeebs. We all have jobs, deadlines, kids, etc. Everything we do here is based on the best of our abilities. And as I have stated a million times for this event the leaderboards are just for fun.

And even so, they were designed so that I can add a cutoff for the scoring, which was the 22nd at midnight as stated in the event post. You can see it here.

http://uorenaissance.com/easter

The reason we only do the scoreboard for fun is because it would be easy for a group of players to use a single player for all egg turn-ins. So the leaderboard is just for fun. Players can score as much as they want to buy items from the store. Items I might add that have been pretty standard for the last 5 years. We actually tried to do rewards based on the leaderboard for the first year of the event. It was a disaster as everyone who didn't win, accused everyone who did, of cheating. So every reward players could have won by score was moved to a store page so you can "win" whatever item you wish.

No one likes delays but we do the best we can here. Finding time to get a patch live on the server, turn off the event, and update forum posts, ingame messaging etc is a 5-6 hour process. With a little one these days it is hard for me to know exactly when I will have those 5-6 hours. Monday was the plan, but client work derailed that for the week. Then Friday was the plan but I was exhausted. So I worked on it from 10pm to 4am yesterday. People just ended up with a few extra days to hunt monsters and instances.

Delays will happen. It is a part of a non profit free server. It would be easy to fleece our players for hundreds of thousands of dollars like another server I won't mention is. But I suspect that is why a lot of us left UO back in the 2000's. So we carry the torch here, doing this for free, to the best of our abilities and with our free time.

If players want to help speed up things then get with a staff member and find out how you can help volunteer to free up staff time for more critical tasks. We have a ton of new volunteers, players running events and players doing research to help with the CuB implementation and our upcoming summer event cycle.
    RiffRaff-, Xavant_BR, Miami and 14 others like this.
  12. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok Well-Known Member

what price did he pay ???? not a damn thing so now im not even on the board and i turned in the most eggs !! should i make me a quitting post also and have a "band of brothers" join in and see what we can make happen every time i feel like i lost ?
    Earsnot likes this.
  13. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Who are these new volunteers?
    I only ask because I've seen people offer help for years (myself included) and never once seen an offer accepted by yourself.

I even offered to give up all my UO pixels and become a counsellor, seer or in game event organiser at one point and never even got a reply.

I'm not being shitty Chris, I'm genuinely intrigued as to who you have helping out now and in what capacity just so I can fire questions in the right direction or point other people with questions in the right direction.

If people knew who was helping out doing what, surely it would free up some of your time from answering questions or fixing shit right?

You have this humungous untapped resource here amongst your playerbase, tap in man, what research is being done for CUB? How can I help with that research? How can we all help with that research?
    PaddyOBrien and medas like this.
  14. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

You should have turned in before the posted deadline. Chris gave a valid explanation as why the LB kept counting, RL obligations. Since the LB is just for fun what did you lose? I think the comment made in IRC last night sums it up...

[15:07:01] <Boreder> bunny, in the end, you are complaining about an online easter egg hunt
  15. Ragnar Lothbrok

must have missed "the comment" fill me in plz
  16. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

[15:07:01] <Boreder> bunny, in the end, you are complaining about an online easter egg hunt
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  17. Ragnar Lothbrok

ahh that one , yes must have missed it but anyways that is what this whole thread is about guy complaining about the easter egg hunt cuz i flew on past him in the boards :)
    but i enjoy seeing the "band of sisters" get it worked out to make the quitter back on top :)
    Steady Mobbin likes this.
  18. Air

Air Well-Known Member

As some of you may already know, I have surrendered all items and real estate and have accepted the position as a GM to help Chris keep this server going in the right direction @Earsnot .

My first act was to ensure Jeebs won the event since he clearly worked harder than Iderp etc. I mean, who even likes those guys anyways?

From this moment forward, I will be watching game play very closely. I will be taking out all of you hackers that are using 3rd party programs and think you're slick, like we dont know.

@Jesus Is King has been named the God of Christmas, fitting eh? And therefore all Christmas scrolls that have been sitting idle in Banks for the last year, will be confiscated and forwarded to the King.

@JohnShade is right about a lot of things here. Therefore, we are going to allow @Mes. To come back as well as invite all of TT to come back and enjoy UOR.

@snap dragon is on probation for doing something naughty with Panthers and stealthing etc.

@Pill is voted most likely to quit next, so get your gold together and prepare for a massive liquidation sale.

@Animal Control still secretly logs on once in a while to see if @Puck is online.

@Thelax still drives a yellow car.

@Invoker is reading this.

It took a lot for me to come out and tell you all this. Hopefully moving forward, we can continue to piss you guys off since you are a bunch of miserable ass hats who wont be happy regardless of what is done here. Long live UOR!

***Edit*** I dont think you guys are miserable ass hats lol. I love you all.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  19. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Air likes this.
  20. StarScream

StarScream Well-Known Member

Every uo server is free to play Chris even OSI now. lol donations are just for cool hues cbds etc has zero effect. I play other servers never donated once but get ahead no problem.