Festivus For The Rest Of Us! A Festivus 2020 Miracle Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Quick, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hey UO:R Community..

[​IMG]

I'm seeing all this talk about Christmas but no one is talking about Festivus. To support all of those who celebrate Festivus, I thought it would be fun to do a Festivus 2020 Miracle Giveaway over the 3 days leading up to Festivus (December 23rd).

I wanted to make it as fair and random as possible but not as boring as typing a command and having Iolo give you a number, so I decided to use Twitch and stream Marbles On Stream (link). This game is a physics driven marble race that uses various tracks to help randomize who wins the race so everyone will have an equal chance. The only skill you need is the ability to type !play and hit enter on your keyboard.

When and where?
    The event will run from 12/21 through 12/23 and the race will start 10pm CT each night (the stream starts at 9:45pm CT to give people enough time to get logged in and ready to go)

Twitch Link: https://www.twitch.tv/quickuo

Who can participate?

There is nothing to install, you don't need to install any game or software. You don't need to follow or subscribe to my channel on Twitch nor is there any in-game UO cost to play.

Everyone new and old on UO:R is free to participate! Beer optional, but recommended. You just need a Twitch account!

Accounts that join Discord right before the event may be disqualified per my discretion.

NOTE: If you want to enter into the race, you are required to have a Twitch account. If you don't have one, go create one before the event. If you just want to just watch, you aren't required to register.

How does it work?
    • There will be a total of 21 rounds. We will have 7 rounds each day with 1 reward given away to the winner of each round over the 3 days.
      • Before the round can start, at least 12 people must be playing. If rounds cannot be completed due to a lack of people, they will be rescheduled for a later date or prizes will be donated to other player events.
    • 1 player, 1 marble: Let's keep it fair for everyone!
      • Before we start, if you plan on are participating, you must send me a message on Discord and let me know your user name on Twitch. This will help me track who wins for claiming prizes later. If someone wins that wasn't identified, the next person in line will be the winner.
    • At the start of each round, a new race track will be selected using the random button (must be above 3 minutes average time though) and everyone who wants a chance to win types !play in the Twitch chat to be entered in the marble race (you will see your name appear in the game)
    • After all the players are queued up, a random prize will be selected, the race will start short after and the winner of the race will win that prize.
      • Due to the random nature of this game, if you win, you are welcome to enter the race on the next round. If you win again, you are extremely lucky and will be hated by many.

Due to the large turn out, I didn't think I'd have to due to randomness but I'm going to impose 2 win limit per person. If you win after your 2nd win, the person who came in 2nd wins. Sorry, but I want to make it fun for everyone and spread the wealth around.

This rule does not apply to the bonus rounds.
      • Since I can't control if non-UOR players enter the race, the winner must send me a message on Discord after they win so I can validate the winner and for easier bookkeeping.
    • 2nd place will receive 75k gold and 5 plat. 3rd place will receive 50k gold and 2 plat respectively.
      • This will only apply if more than 20 people are participating.
    • Each round should last 3-5 minutes with a few minute break between each to give me enough time to note down winners, start a new track and let people queue back up. To be safe, expect it to run for 45 minutes each night.
    • When all the rounds are complete for the day, I will to meet up with the winners over the the next few days to give out the prizes. It may not be right after the event finishes.
      • Unclaimed prizes will be donated to other player events if not claimed by 12/31
    Current Prize List (random order and will be randomly picked before the start of each round)
    • 5 CBDs
    • 75 holiday coins
    • 1 dragon's den treasure map with white xmas scroll
    • 1 million gold
    • Villa & Large Brick - 3175 322
    • 150 plat
    • 1 million gold (update 500k to to 1mil)
    • Tower 1 - 3139 370
    • 1 infested spider's cave treasure map with white xmas scroll
    • 57000 copper with 10 pec meat (Epic Dungeon Package)
    • 2 million gold (update 1 to 2)
    • 200 plat
    • 500k gold
    • 7th anniversary tunic (blue) with CBD and with all 7th anniversary jewelry
    • 1 million gold
    • 75 holiday coins
    • A spooky spellbook with 50 holiday coin
    • 2 million gold (update 1 to 2)
    • a demonic bow (1 of 5) with 1194 hued marble pedestal with lava tile
    • 250 plat
    • Tower 2 - 3197 329
    Festivus Eve Bonus Round (12/22):

Festivus is one day away and I know you are all excited. I'm sure you're all gauging the strength-to-weight ratio of your aluminum pole, going to your neighbor’s house and borrowing the ingredients for meatloaf, checking your list of grievances one last time, and preparing the living room for a robust feats-of-strength competition. But you also need to look your best! Maybe this will help.

In honor of
    one of the saddest stories ever told on UO:R and Festivus Eve -- we will have a bonus 8th round where those who place 1st through 6th win a choice for one piece of anniversary gear. 1st place gets first choice, 2nd place gets second choice, etc, etc of one item you see below. If there is a matching piece of jewelry (hue) with your item, that will be tossed in as well if you'd like.

[​IMG]

Festivus Night Bonus Round (12/23):

To close out Festivus and the event, the final night (12/23) will have 8th bonus round where 1st through 8th place win something. Another Festivus Miracle!

• 1st: An ethereal ostard
    • 2nd: Blessed runebook hue 1645
    • 3rd: 1 million gold, 100 plat
    • 4th: 500k gold, 100 plat
    • 5th: 100 plat
    • 6th: 75 plat
    • 7th: 50 plat
    • 8th: 25 plat
    Rules, prizes and/or the schedule are subject to change depending on interest, expected participation and feedback.

Hit me up on Discord if you have any questions!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Delstrudo, Miss V, Dash and 13 others like this.
  2. Kronankronterog

Kronankronterog Active Member

very cool didn-t even know about Festivus and im born 23rd december :)
    Ophira and Quick like this.
  3. FisuUO:R

FisuUO:R Well-Known Member

Can´t turn my back on Festivus! I´ll be joining on some run for sure
    Ophira and Quick like this.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Quick and FisuUO:R like this.
  5. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Prize list updated, prepped for tomorrow!

[​IMG]
    StarTrakZack and WarrenBuffet like this.
  6. Pantherbabe

Pantherbabe Active Member

I can not wait for this!! Merry Christmas to all :)
  7. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

According to Discord all the races or runs are at 4AM..? Am I missing something or is there no attendence option for sane Europeans?
    Gurt likes this.
  8. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

an alarm clock
  9. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

You must not have a wife, kids, a job and a normal life?
  10. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

i have all those things, and this is a game.
  11. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

WIsh I could have attended.... too late for me (I r Git'n olD... and actually I had errands early this AM)
    Tabby likes this.
  12. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

)
    Exactly. So no alarm clock, smarty pants. ;-)
  13. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

if it was at 3am my time, i would just figure out a way to play or decide that I am not. It's quick's gig, he makes the rules.
  14. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I asked if there are other options to participate in. There was not and that's ok for a player ran event. Would have loved to join, but the days of night time events are long behind me.

Not here to argue with you. Merry Christmas to you lot. Perhaps next year I can help out doing a run for our Euros