"Borrowed", "Looted", Wickedly Frustrated

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hydrox, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

So. Sometime within the past two years or so, a good friend of mine had his house fall unexpectedly because- well as we all know, life gets in the way. Unfortunately, the house that fell had a number of rares in it, one of them being a 1 of 2 Animated Flask. After bartering back and forth, I was able to secure the flask back from the IDOC'ers for a large sum of gold.

Since then, I've held onto most of the items during their absence and used most, for deco in the meantime.. About 4 months ago I wrapped up a section of the house and secured everything in a chest. A friend whom I've known for quite a few years and shared the space with me in my fort had decided to borrow the flask to display on their tower without telling me and as fate would have it. Supposedly left his door unlocked (never happened once while living with me over the years) and it was looted.

Now I'm obviously infuriated with him since he didn't bother to ask to use it, then denied knowing anything about it when approached weeks later and furthermore was told repeatedly not to mess with my shit.

They don't have the money to buy it back and I sure as hell don't without selling off my collection of stuff... I'm writing this to get into a private dialog with the person who snatched it up, in hopes that we can work out a deal. I feel terrible I was entrusted with these pieces and ultimately was careless enough to allow someone access to them. Anyone that knows me knows I would do anything to help out another player on the shard and try to be as involved with the community where possible, I'm just asking for an opportunity to buy this back... Again... Without public auction. If anyone knows who might have grabbed it. Please ask them to PM me directly and see what options we have to work this out, I'm not asking for a handout or sympathy, what's fair is fair and this looting was clearly open game... Otherwise, thanks for reading, look forward to talking options. Thanks.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Ghosted, Xavant_BR, fooka03 and 7 others like this.
  2. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

Sorry to hear about this for ya.

There are some REAL d*cks on this shard, but some wonderful people also. A shame the d*cks can destroy people's hard work so easily.
    Crisco-Pjoe likes this.
  3. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Take your whole beloved family and go on a vacation in Hawaii. These pixels are a waste of time ... ;)
    Player X, Snorko and MartimusPrime like this.
  4. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

He displayed it without locking it down? Wow. Talk about the loot of the century.

PS - It wasn't me. Sadly (as I am sucker for a story and would sell it back).
    Hydrox and NCCML like this.
  5. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

Sam asked what I was thinking..... really? Displayed it and it wasnt locked down? Not behind a table wall? Locked door? Nothing?

How confident are you that this dude didnt just pocket the item and say it was "stolen" (not lying I suppose, cause technically it WAS stolen...)?

Wasn't yours, so he didnt steal from you directly... (I say this to try to guess how he might justify it to himself, not because I agree).

I mean he already went into your stuff and took a super high value item without your knowledge. It isnt a far stretch to just say yeah screwit, I am keeping this.
    Hydrox and hetmasteen like this.
  6. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't really know what the whole deal is. We shared a keep loaded with goods for years and there was never really an issue. If it doesn't turn up for sale them i'm going to assume it was sold and that's the end of it.. Supposedly it was put in a chest while moving things around. They mentioned they got looted but said nothing about having my belongings in there when it happened and was even dismissive when I went asking if they saw it. An hour later the truth came out. So, it is what it is. Lesson's learned. It's just pixels and I'm not overly upset about losing the item as I am having something taken without asking when everyone who knows me knows I hook anyone up with whatever as often as I can, but moreso the deflection when looking for it, and the childish nature of not coming forward about it and waiting for me to go and look for something before bringing it to my attention.

It's principles not pixels, and I'd like to have the opportunity to retrieve the item and return it to my friend who let me display it to begin with. If anyone hears of the item through the grapevine.. I'd appreciate the referral. I honestly don't know if there's other components that were taken that belong to me aswell, likely there was since this person just came back from a hiatus of playing and didn't have much. I'm just after the part that wasn't mine.
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  7. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Good on you for trying to do what is right. And sorry to hear that this has been a mess. Hopefully someone will come forward to talk to you about it. Like you said - just pixels, but this game fosters friendships and connections as well, and sad to see those broken.
    Hydrox likes this.
  8. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

9. Ermey

Ermey Active Member

Courtesy of sof
    Pedigar likes this.
  10. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

So, it was youuuuuuu!
  11. Catfish Stevens

Catfish Stevens Member

12. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

upload_2020-7-11_12-20-41.png
    Lord Sky, Xavant_BR, Zyler and 2 others like this.
  13. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member

The Large Marble Patio right outside of Cove has this rare. Obviously don't know if it's your just stating that I have seen 1.
    Larloch likes this.
  14. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Who?
  15. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

Come to my attention that SoF has it as of the 1st of this month..

If anyone has contact with any of them still (since they're no longer on forums) it would be appreciated if you could put me in contact with them.

Thanks.
  16. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

That's the purple flask, thought you had the red one?
  17. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

Correct, The red flask static is also part of the arsenal and still in my possession.. The animated red flask was the one that was taken from my home and "looted" or from what i'm being told now, given away.

The problem is that I was entrusted with these units to keep them safe while on a leave of absence, and the "use what you want" to another friend resulted in losing this item.

Not anyone's problem but my own, I'm just reaching out in hopes of trying to remedy the situation so I can replace the unit for my friend. Ultimately an expensive lesson to learn.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  18. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

Yeah that sucks man. Hope you can get it back without too much headache.
  19. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member

It's not this flask?
  20. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Sorry bud, that one is mine. @Hydrox is aware I own it.
    Hydrox likes this.