What do YOU want to see on a vendor?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Puck, May 12, 2021.

1. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Calling all players!

I am considering opening one or several vendors at a new location I recently acquired. Consider this your call to impact what wares are available. Is there anything that you would buy from a vendor that is difficult/impossible/unreliable to find currently? Help me help you.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    MikeK, Puck and Snorko like this.
  3. Pulse

Pulse Active Member

Everything. Well, usually whatever I need at any given time is out of stock at various vendors...burn through half of my play time running from vendor to vendor and still come up empty handed many times...which leads to...

Nothing. For the staples, armor, regs, potions, cloth I craft it all myself now which I imagine most players do. Enough character slots and enough frustration trying to find that replacement armor, some specific furniture piece, ladders, etc, that enjoy it or not, most of us have crafters...

Which contributes back into the problem of the items not being on a vendor due to low constant demand driving many crafters to tears when they have to give stuff away just to get it to move.

Maybe I am alone in this, but I hate running all around the vendor malls just to come up empty a lot of the time. Even when I think I have found a reliable vendor, after a visit or 2 it seems they quit restocking and I am back to empty handed so I just try to avoid needing to vendor shop.
    MikeK, midgetbob, Puck and 1 other person like this.
  4. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Any place that is restocked regularly will get tons of customers!
    Hydrox and Puck like this.
  5. Codus

Codus Well-Known Member

already told you in discord - but a legitimately hard item to add on vendors, but something that would be amazingly useful - Newbied Instruments, scissors, daggers, etc...

Anyone without 3 accounts FILLED with toons - could cycle and sell some of this for what I assume would be great success.
  6. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

Coffee table book, ABOUT coffee tables.
    Crisco-Pjoe, One and Xavant_BR like this.
  7. LCH

LCH Active Member

1) repair deeds
    2) books with stories about UOR players, secrets, taboos