Solo Fishing build

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by ImJoeTheJoe, Nov 4, 2022.

1. ImJoeTheJoe

ImJoeTheJoe New Member

I really like the Battle Miner concept, and wanted to know if it is at all viable as a Fisher:

100/100/25
    GM Swordsmanship
    GM Tactics
    GM Anatomy
    GM Healing
    GM Lumberjacking
    GM Fishing
    GM Magery OR some combination of Magery/Resist

I just switched out Mining for Fishing, but I have no idea if I can take sea monsters effectively with melee. And is food at all useful here? Or is cooking a completely useless skill? Thanks!
  2. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Food/cooking is not useful

Music
    Peace
    Provo
    Weapon skill
    Anatomy
    Tactics
    Magery

100/100/25

If you're good enough with peace and provo, you'll just need small heals here and there with your magery

Or just make 3x fishers all ebolt turrets
    ImJoeTheJoe likes this.
  3. ImJoeTheJoe

ImJoeTheJoe New Member

So is melee viable? Will sea creatures run from me if I can whittle them down? Then archery seems better.

And wouldnt I need Fishing on that build?
  4. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lol, I forgot main skill. Replace provo with fishing. Been a while since I've played honestly.

But peacemaking does a great job of allowing you to take down the lower HP monsters like sea serpents, shipwreck krakens, etc...without any problem. Also stops them in their tracks from running away too. Archery imo is going to be better than a melee Weapon, unless you find a decent slayer (reptile or snake) to get that extra damage bonus per hit.
  5. Mino

Mino Active Member

Mage fireball or e-bolt (with Eval Int) will give more consistent damage and more effective than arrows solo.

I would keep Lumber and Mining on one toon for resource hunting. Make a fisher from stratch instead.
  6. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

In my opinion fishing in a single toon is not so viable.. but sometimes i have issues to run 2 clients or more then i run a single fisher... to lead with the sea dangerous with a single toon the first thing i think you should have is mana and magery to sumon a daemon... then a meele skill with healing will help you to defeat the mobs not depending of your mana.. right now my two fishers are basically a archer fisher with magery... and a sword toon i adapted with fishing and resist..
  7. Mino

Mino Active Member

You can do a tamer fisher if you feel lazy. Just All guard your dragons and let them mow down mobs. The biggest threat when doing solo fishing is Loch Ness, it firebreathes 55 damage when on full health.I made a scribe nox (poisoning) fisher with daemon scrolls to fight Loch Ness. While Daemon was tanking I was nox spamming so he couldn't cure while daemon was on him.

Bards and Tamers can have it easy. Bards provoke or peace,