Sigil Timer

Discussion in 'Factions' started by bart simpson, Oct 23, 2012.

1. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I would like to propose the idea of lowering the time it takes to purify a sigil. The current timer is now at 24 hours. With amount of actual faction play and the "Faction Status" capability it becomes difficult to hold a sigil for 24 hours.
  2. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

So true. 8 - 16 hours should be enough with the few people playing
  3. Luminary

Luminary New Member

I disagree, and as stated in another post I made I will heavily campaign against this. A corruption time of 8 hours allows players to take the sigils at, per say, midnight, and corrupt them over-night while (usually) the majority of factions players are asleep.

Cheesy tactic, cheesy change. I vote no.
  4. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Actually, I agree. I rushed when I added the 8hrs in there and in another post I made. I do however think 16 hours would be a good limit.
    That time frame gives an ample opportunity, in a single day, to grab, actively guard without thinking "I guarded this all day but now I have to go to sleep and lose it"
    That's what gets me, I actually actively guarded sigils for a day only to lose it shortly after heading to bed. I felt like it was a complete waste.
    Until the player base is high enough to have Faction members playing in each time zone, then it jsut seems to become a moot point and I'd rather go farm money for regs to increase my toons skills.
  5. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Okay, so it isn't cheesy to wait until the team logs off and then walk in and take them to reset it? :roll:

24 hours gives everyone a fair chance to take them, either by bloody fight or cheesy late night stroll. I know I sure won't waste 24 hours defending a sigil... haha
  6. Luminary

Luminary New Member

Again, I do not use the faction page to determine the best time to enter any faction stronghold. When I am online and actively holding sigils at my base, I check them every 20-30 minutes. Why? Because there is a 15 minute grace period in which I can return them back to my base without my corruption timer being reset.

Whether your stronghold is empty or there are numerous members camping it, it doesn't matter to me. Besides, none of you have seemed to figure out how to defeat a faction tamer anyways, so the amount of defenders in the base at this point is rather irrelevant.
  7. Abyz

Abyz New Member

Pvp tamers are funny.
  8. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Im down for this especially since there are very few people with thieves in factions and not enough people to alternate shifts in a 24 hr period to keep them from being reset. As for figuring out how to kill a tamer thats the easy part, your wws or your 4 mares are the only ones that pose a threat not u lol oh and the guards u hide behind.

Seems to me you're the only one against these factions ideas.. ever think maybe you're wrong? or do you think we are all idiots and you're the only smart one on forums.