Portable Client

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by jihad joe, May 15, 2019.

1. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Does this exist or what are the possibilities of getting razor and the client on a flash drive so it's portable. If I remember, Razor uses .NET so that would have to be installed. Other than that, could this be a thing?

I searched the forums before posting this and couldn't find anything.

I would primarily be using this on my work laptop, so that's the reason I don't want to do a traditional install.
  2. The Professional

The Professional New Member

Hey Joe, the UO:R Razor is portable (http://www.uor-razor.com/) but I am not sure about the client itself but you can run that version of Razor off a flash drive.

The other suggestion I have is to look into something like Chrome Remote Desktop, I like that one for work because you can install it through a Chrome app and not a discrete application. Not sure about you but my work allows me to install Chrome apps without extra permission and then I am running UO through Chrome. Obviously requires you are able to leave your PC at home on at all times but if the portable version won't work you could investigate this as well.

Anyhow good luck either way, great to make sure those macros are still running during the day :)
    Dash and Blendax like this.
  3. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

Yeah .. like The Professional said .. check out the UOR version of Razor. It has some really nice modifications, and it's fully self contained (Ie, you can put it on a thumb drive). I actually share my Razor dir via dropbox so I can have all the same settings on different machines. Not sure about the actual UO client, that would be tough, given its .NET requirements. Still, Chrome Remote Desktop isn't a bad option at all.
  4. nilmer

nilmer Active Member

as an alternative, have you considered using remote desktop?

I have googles remote desktop, and i can run UOR on my pc, and see and control UOR on my laptop, cromebook, or even from the bathroom on my android phone. lol
    NCCML likes this.
  5. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

[​IMG]

Got it working. Installed the new edition of razor and the UOR Ultima Online to the flash drive in USB/Ultima Online.

Sometimes our system admin will login to our computers to push updates or monitor web traffic. Hot spot off my phone at ~100 ping with no issues. Works great! And portable!
    Dash, Khari, Jill Stihl and 1 other person like this.
  6. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

You're gonna set up a remote client but you dont know how to take a screenshot? I thought you had a dildo on your screen.
    Blendax likes this.
  7. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

Don't know why you deserve an explanation, but took the picture with my phone because it was more convenient to upload as I'm in and out of the office today. +1 for the dildos. Sent it to my wife and she asked why there are d*cks all over my screen. Lmao
    Steady Mobbin and Blendax like this.
  8. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

We kid because we love man. Wasn't a personal attack. Have great evening.
    jihad joe likes this.
  9. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

Evening ruined, gotta drown myself in booze now, thanks.
    Zim and Steady Mobbin like this.
  10. The Professional

The Professional New Member

Nice! glad it worked did you have to do anything with the client or did it run fine off the USB natively? I might have to do this myself though sometimes my work gets squirrely about USB stuff. Awesome job by @Quick for making that portable Razor!

Also before I even saw Mobbins' comment I was going to say "glad it worked too bad someone drew dicks on your screen though", lol.
    Quick and jihad joe like this.
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Quick did a fantastic job modifying razor to no longer require registry keys. That was really the only thing that stopped the UO client and Razor application from being truly portable.
    jihad joe likes this.
  12. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

Didn't have to do anything other than install it and point razor to where the client was. Simple.
  13. Desauv

Desauv New Member

Sorry to restart this thread.

But I'm having trouble making the client portable.

I have installed below, but I keep getting stucked at verifying account.

Can anyone help getting past that? :)

upload_2021-7-23_11-19-24.png
  14. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Hey, I would recommend just install the Launcher http://uorenaissance.com/downloads/launcher/UORLauncherSetup.exe

Follow steps and test that your game works properly, after that you can find the game folder at C:\UORenaissance, you can copy that whole folder to a pendrive and launch game directly from your pendrive, ie: X:\UORenaissance\ClassicUO\ClassicUO.exe

If you are making use of old client, I'm not sure there, maybe you need first to run razor but I didn't test that.

Hope it helps!