Plat Imbalance

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Fenrir, Dec 14, 2022.

Plat Imbalance...

1. There is none - do nothing

27.5%
  2. There is an imbalance - do something (put suggestion as replies)

68.6%
  3. There is an imbalance - But do nothing, I like it the way it is

3.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Yeah, so more VPNed new accounts to exploit this.

If you know you need to make something specific to do endgame content then you make it, and then do endgame content (and get plats).

You can't pretend to get stuff from endgame not doing endgame.

In fact, welfare plats should be removed too, so we'd see where the real number of active people is.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. Jessie

Jessie Active Member

I am with you on the welfare plats. So many toons standing around for months in the same place. I don't know any way to defeat VPN's, They are doing what designed to do :( Perhaps there is a way you can use the systems packet logs to snoop it out?
  3. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

4. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

First owner of the server would have to care... Last guy that tried to do something got ran out of the server admin
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. Jessie

Jessie Active Member

6. Bill

Bill Active Member

I have over 1k plat and have never done a champ and also the majority of it is not welfare either, there's more than one way to skin a cat. :)
  7. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

That I don't know, but -MAYBE- changing few things that ruined this server on the long run like:

- 1 house per account
    - Condemned status active
    - Removal of welfare plats
    - Disable account auto-creation, you need to register on website and associate an email immediately

To make vpned accounts pointless. And yeah, then fixing PvP so you can actually have multiple effective templates to play with, all of this paired with...

a BIG FAT SERVER WIPE

There's too much stuff around and way too few people around. Remove everything, fix what made this server rot, and let it flourish again.
    Izikiel Rage, Shax and PaddyOBrien like this.
  8. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

Why are you still playing if you think its this bad? at least 4 of 5 suggestions will never happen
  9. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Why are you still interested in what's happening here when you're already playing somewhere else? Leave it to those who still want to play here.

Oh and good morning btw, first thing to do as soon as you wake up and have your coffee, reply in a thread to throw <CENSORED> and bring "wealth" to UO:R

;)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  10. Probably Dead

Probably Dead Member

a wipe never = more steady players its actually just who has the larger clan to amass things faster.

it just means it destroys everything your old loyal players would have amased. Most players like myself would simply just stoping logging in and or afkling as much as much as we do altogether. Server wipes unless preset in ( which only benifit pvpers ) have to be monthly to quarter yearly to truely be effective. As someone who lived through multiple shard wipes on other servers.. they die off faster ONCE they wipe than if they didnt wipe in the first place...

what would more benifit you is if they opened a secondary realm/server like the test shows in the list. and set it to wipe every 6 months to entertain that *start fresh mentality* to keep people coming back for more. ( remove all plat and special drops as nothing can be saved to a char or bank )
  11. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Yeah, and there are also a shitload of amassed items left to rot while being refreshed. I'm not sure, you might have missed all those properties loaded with stuff that are just sitting on the map and not used, or people that have stopped playing ages ago and have stables full of books or awesome drags/mares.

Dunno, might just be me, but maybe you've missed those.

77k accounts. 77. THOUSAND. Accounts.

Do you understand the number?
  12. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

I'm not playing anywhere "else" whoever is feeding that info to you (Miss V) is just a dumb and bitter pawn... You guys don't give a flying fuck about her and she still there feeding you useless fake info that you believe blindly

And if I was playing elsewhere, what's wrong in coming to the forums to see you spit out the dumbest ideas that will never be implemented? Did you check out with your daddy Ragnar or Labeler that if it was OK to come to the forums and want to wipe all their riches?
  13. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Thank you all for your honest and real suggestions. I, for one, appreciate your open participation

I am locking this thread now as I think it has run its course
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.