Magical Item Properties

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Wodan, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Magical Item Properties

Since the Compendium doesn't have much information about Magical Item Properties and any generic source of UO knowledge will not contain information about the UO:R Magical Item Properties any more, this post might be helpful. Most of the information is taken from old Stratics pages like
    http://web.archive.org/web/20010306162501/http://uo.stratics.com/enchant.shtml

Armor Enchantments
    Prefix
    • Durable +5 to item HP
    • Substantial +10 to item HP
    • Massive +15 to item HP
    • Fortified +20 to item HP
    • Indestructible +25 to item HP
    Suffix
    • Defense +5 (Full Set) / +0.4(Neck, Hands), +0.7(Arms, Head, Legs/Feet), +2.2(Body) to AR
    • Guarding +10 (Full Set) / +0.7(Neck, Hands), +1.4(Arms, Head, Legs/Feet), +4.4(Body) to AR
    • Hardening +15 (Full Set) / +1.1(Neck, Hands), +2.1(Arms, Head, Legs/Feet), +6.6(Body) to AR
    • Fortification +20 (Full Set) / +1.4(Neck, Hands), +2.8(Arms, Head, Legs/Feet), +8.8(Body) to AR
    • Invulnerability +25 (Full Set) / +1.8(Neck, Hands), +3.5(Arms, Head, Legs/Feet), +11.0(Body) to AR

BOLD Suffixes can be considered valuable

Weapon Enchantments
    Prefix
    • Accurate +5.0 to Tactics or +4.6 to Archery*
    • Accurate, Surpassingly +10.0 to Tactics or +9.3 to Archery*
    • Accurate, Eminently +15.0 to Tactics or +14.0 to Archery*
    • Accurate, Exceedingly +20.0 to Tactics or +18.7 to Archery*
    • Accurate, Supremely +25.0 to Tactics or +23.3 to Archery*
    * The bonus is applied to the Archery Skill level (not to Tactics) if the enchanted weapon is a bow or crossbow.

Durability
    • Durable +10 to item HP
    • Substantial +20 to item HP
    • Massive +30 to item HP
    • Fortified +40 to item HP
    • Indestructible +50 to item HP
    Suffix
    • Ruin +1 damage
    • Might +3 damage
    • Force +5 damage
    • Power +7 damage
    • Vanquishing +9 damage

BOLD Suffixes can be considered valuable

Magic Item Properties vs GM Smith Exceptional Items

GM Smith Exceptional weapon have a +4 damage modifier and sit right between Might and Force Magical Items and have +10 item HP.
    GM Smith Exceptional armor has increased AR but comes with +10 item HP.
    Remark from Dalavar : A plate tunic has 18 AR, an Exceptional plat tunic has 21 AR.

Crafting weapon with colored ingots does not provide ANY benefit apart from the fancy color.
    Remark from Ezekiel : Only weapons crafted with a runic hammer will retain the ingot color.

Crafting armor with colored ingots does provide an AR bonus though.

I'm happy about any additional input I can get. If you want to help with the value of certain properties, please let me know. I'm not very experienced with that ...
    Scrub, Damow82, Anarchy and 4 others like this.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

For the archery section, this shard uses +5, +10... +25 for the "accuracy" bonuses.

And GM-crafted leather armors give additonal AR, so I'd assume GM-crafted metal armors would as well (happy to test tonight, but can't log in at the moment).
  3. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

This was the case, as I tested it myself, but is apparently no longer true.
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This is only true if the item crafted is done so with a runic hammer, otherwise regardless of the metal used to craft the weapon, it will always default its color to Iron.
    Damow82 likes this.
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I don't know about the HP, but they definitely do have increased AR. A plate tunic has 18 AR, an Exceptional plat tunic has 21 AR.

Also note that there's no difference between GM Exceptional and plain old Exceptional, in terms of AR and HP.
  6. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for all the input !!!

Worked some of the stuff into the opening post.

Seems I can't rely purely on T2A/Renaissance era sources ;) I gotta get my GM smith going !
  7. BrecMadak

BrecMadak New Member

nice effort there Wodan, definitly a worthy addition ! :cool:
  8. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

This should be pinned.
  9. Samej

Samej New Member

Old thread I know but, looking at UO Guide, shouldn't accuracy modifiers increase weapon skill not tactics (i.e. damage)?
  10. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

that is a really big debate that has spawned quite a few threads in the past. UOR's motto is "History Perfected", so you will not see everything era for era here.

The problem with it being set to melee skill here is that it disrupts the hit chance formula, which is 50-to-50 percent when you have two gms fighting. Due to how hit chance is calculated, it will actually lower the opposite party's hit chance if they don't have an equal melee skill. This raises the issue when you have a wrestler trying to land a stun or evade an attacker in general. While it is known that mages have a power creep, one must note that if you increase hit chance for dexxers through magical weapon properties you would also lower the mage's ability to evade, cast, or land stuns. I think they decided to stick with tactics and damage increase as the property because mage's are already a challenging class to play and it would be bad to nerf them is such an all encompassing manner.

*HOWEVER*

there is way to get around this and it would require reworking the hit chance formula so that hit chance could increase on the dexxers side while not messing with the wrestler's side. For example, instead of it coming out to 55-to-45, force it to come out as 55-to-50. It would just take some math tinkering.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Samej likes this.
  11. Felucca

Felucca Active Member

Is there a guide somewhere on these forums that covers runic hammer modifiers?
  12. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

There's not a guide specifically for that afaik, but @Dalavar posted this some time back I believe.

Runics
    Runic weapons allow for both magical and exceptional boosts to be combined for even stronger weapon damage. Their boosts are the following:
    Dull Copper: Durable Accurate
    Shadow: Durable of Ruin
    Copper: Fortified Surpassingly Accurate of Ruin
    Bronze: Fortified Surpassingly Accurate of Might
    Gold: Indestructible Eminently Accurate of Force
    Agapite: Indestructible Eminently Accurate of Power
    Verite: Indestructible Exceedingly Accurate of Power
    Valorite: Indestructible Supremely Accurate of Vanquishing
    Urthe Oakeshield and Samej like this.
  13. Samej

Samej New Member

Thanks for all the info @Duz-luk - really helpful!

Not anything that'll be addressed soon then I imagine... does that mean it was unbalanced this way on OSI back in the day?
  14. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

Unbalanced isn't really the way to look at it though. There are no magical pugilism gloves to allow wrestlers an equal advantage. In other words, catering to one will nerf the other no matter what. That is where the imbalance lies and why weapon skill isn't used here and tactics is.

As for OSI, I don't remember how it was done back then. I will say it can be fixed here though, by either two ways or a combination of both.

First being the aforementioned pugilism gloves, which could share an equal drop rate as magic weapons.

AND/OR

doing what I said with forcing the hit chance formula by modifying it. Something akin to FORMULA: Hit Chance = ( Attacker's Weapon Ability + 50 ) ÷ ( ( ( Defender's Weapon Ability - Defender's Weapon Bonus ) + 50 ) x 2 ) if that's possible
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  15. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

Is there a more up to date version of the post about this?
  16. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Please the guys of the shard could give a extra bonus for crafted arms with special ore... they are not easy to collect in good quantity.. a katana, halberd and axes could be at least the color and a special bonus even if is not made with runic hammer.. Lets incentive the blacksmith market, that has not so much value in renaissense(and for me is the only bad thing about this shad that i could point).
    Damow82 and NCCML like this.
  17. Helicobacter

Helicobacter Active Member

How useful are orcish bows (dropped from orcish scouts) compared to GM marked bows?

Are there any other unusual weapons that exist outside the usual crafted/magic bonus systems?

Thanks for all the hard work for this great sever.
    NCCML and wylwrk like this.
  18. DaBucs

DaBucs Well-Known Member

wrongg thread sigh
  19. Damow82

Damow82 New Member

I have tried making gm weapons with runic hammers and other ores no colour change to any.... and no magic properties
  20. Damow82

Damow82 New Member

Just a heads up seems the ore has to be in line with the hammer. Copper runic hammer using copper ingots to have effect