Importing MiB Markers into CUO World Map

Discussion in 'Guides' started by gitchu1000, Mar 29, 2020.

1. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

With the implementation of World Map natively into CUO client, all the great functionality of UO-AutoMap is becoming available.

launch_worldmap.PNG

I know for myself, I would use UOAM quite a lot, and mainly for hunting MiBs relatively easily. With UOAM being (mostly) not compatible with CUO, I wanted to find another way to map all the MiBs I had. There are guides linked below that explain how to do this in UOAM. Some of that content is still relevant, but I am going to show you how to add this functionality to CUO World Map!

At least for the time being, this isn't an option native to World Map in CUO client, and it makes sense honestly why it's not. The true way this will work is going to based off the MiBs that you actually have. If it was just an option to enable all markers for all the MiBs in the game, you'd never know which ones are which. So this will show you how to manually do this, hopefully easier than it was for me to first figure out.

First we'll need to make sure Razor is set to "Capture MIBs to file". Open Razor and go to the Skills tab. Ensure the checkbox for "Capture MIBs to file" is checked.
    CaptureMIBStofile.PNG

Now it's time to register some MiBs. So go to your stash and put a few bottles in your bag.
    As you double-click the MiB, the window will pop up and you will notice the system message that the MiB was captured.
    MIBCaptured.PNG

I found it best to do about 50 MiBs at once and put them all in a bag. Then your MiB hunter can just take the bag full of MiBs and go to each one on the map. Although, the more listed, the harder it will be to keep track of. You can manually go back and remove the ones you've completed, but that's just basically the reverse of what we're doing right now.

Now that you've captured the MiBs you want to go hunting for, you will need to manually make some adjustments to the file the MiB info was captured to.

Note: I mostly did all default settings when I install CUO client (using Launcher), but the file paths may be slightly different for you depending on how you installed UO:R.

Navigate to the following file path to find a file called MIBCapture.csv
    C:\UORenaissance\Razor\CUO

MIBCaptureCSV.PNG

Use your favorite spreadsheet application. I prefer Notepad++ so that's what I'll be using to edit this file.

I've added just two MiBs for right now, just to get an idea of what this file looks like.
    MIBCaptureCSVNPP01.PNG

Based on the coding for World Map markers, the format this .csv file needs to be in is as follows:

x,y,mapindex,name of marker,iconname,color,zoom level

So far, our file is really only showing "x,y,,name of marker". It's missing some fields, so we can add them manually.

Keep the x,y.
    mapindex will always be "0"
    name of marker can be anything you want it to be to represent your marker on World Map (I made mine SOS)
    iconname must match the name of the file in \Data\Client\MapIcons (specifically in my case it's C:\UORenaissance\ClassicUO\Data\Client\MapIcons)
    - there is an icon specifically for MiBs, called "MIB.cur"
    color is the color of the dot on the map when scrolled out
    zoom level defines when the icon will show/hide when zooming. 0 = furthest and 9 = closest so if you had a marker zoom level set to 1, it will show at any zoom level except if you're all the way out (at 0). Default level is 3. (I left mine at default)

MIBCaptureCSVNPP02.PNG

Now you will save this file where the marker files are saved for the client. C:\UORenaissance\ClassicUO\Data\Client

You will go back to your client and right click in the World Map. Under Map Marker Options > choose Reload Markers

reload_markers.png

reload_markers01.png

You will now be able to Show/Hide this new marker set!
    hideshow_markers.png

MiBsonMAP.PNG

Happy Hunting!

Thank you to Cynic for the following post which started me in the right direction.
    http://uorforum.com/threads/messages-in-a-bottle-a-guide.10306/

Also, check Quick's post all about CUO
    http://uorforum.com/threads/classicuo-an-open-source-ultima-online-classic-client.43851/
    https://github.com/markdwags/uor-markers
  2. rick

rick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Great guide.
    I been using old UOAM
    Is it possible to load more than one file if you got plenty of mibs so you know what bag you should have in backpack or you just name it different "blue" "red" etc?
  3. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Let me know if you get around to trying it before I do.
  4. rick

rick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have all my mibs put in a lot of files in old UOAM cause when I tried the new UOAM it kept crashing
    Only use classic to get the x,y fast and easy.
    mibs.png
    But would be great if can make it work in the new UOAM cause I have to edit the files I get from classic to work in old UOAM
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  5. Valmour

Valmour Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure I followed all the directions, but when I go to load the SOS markers it is not an option to select... not sure what I am missing?
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  6. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

I'd suggest logging out, close the client. Open it again and see if the SOS label is there once you "Reload Markers" again.
  7. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

We figured out Valmour's issue through PM.

Message me on Discord if anyone has any questions or suggestions. gitchu1000#7278
    Valmour likes this.
  8. Valmour

Valmour Well-Known Member

Works like a charm now ! Thank you very much gitchu1000...
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  9. Elf

Elf New Member

This is amazing. Thank you so much for posting this!
  10. Darkshadow1760

Darkshadow1760 Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Awesome. Will def try this out.