Getting (re-)started - Training Magery and a few other things

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Bragi, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Bragi

Bragi New Member

Hi together!

I (re-) started on Renaissance a few days back after having initially having played for a bit about 1 1/2 years ago. Back then I managed to get a provocation mage trained to GM in eval, musicianship, wrestling and meditation but stopped short of getting anywhere really. Provocation sits at 82.7 and magery at 60.6.

I had a good read through the Guides section of the forum today and found plenty of magery training macros/scripts but none of them seem to work and I am pretty much new to everything Razor. I tried my luck to see if I can work it out myself as well but I was not successful. Does anyone have a simple script that casts a spell depending on level then restocks from the bank and that still works in 2022?

Which also brings me to my second question: I read a lot about free resisting spells events. What exactly happens there and how often are they run? This would essentially allow me to focus on magery right now which is good, given that I will be tight for gold anyway.

I also wonder if there is a list of player-run shops in general or more specifically shops that offer GM-made armour and weapons? OR at least a few fan-favourites?

And one last thing for now: I don't see my reagents at the top of my screen (As it used to be back in the day on the live server). Everything is ticked in the Counters menu but it does not display anywhere. I'm sure it's a quick fix but I cannot figure it out.

It all very much feels like 1998 again :) Many thanks for your help!
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    Urthe Oakeshield, AOٌ and ReZon like this.
  2. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hey Bragi, welcome back.

I’d say the best way to get your answers is to hop on the UOR Discord.

I’m not sure about the Magery macro you’re looking for, but in terms of player vendors, Ocllo, Yew Moongate, and Cove Moongate are a few spots to check for good weapons and armor.
  3. sem

sem Member

Hi Bragi and welcome back.

1. Make sure you did not hit the 700 skillcap already. Open the Skills gump, check "Show real" and make sure the total number is below 700.
    2. For resist events you'll have to monitor the "Player run events" section of the forum. Those are always announced there.
    3. You can find player vendor east and west of Occlo, west of the Vesper bank and around Yew moongate.
    4. I recon razor counters cannot be displayed in the titlebar if you use CUO (Classic UO client). Instead you can use counters CUOs built-in counter. Options -> Counters tab, activate it then drag and drop staff you want to count on the cells.
    Urthe Oakeshield likes this.
  4. Urthe Oakeshield

Urthe Oakeshield Active Member

What armor and weapons are you looking for? I can probably make you some.

Discord is the fastest and easiest way for me to communicate.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  5. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

If/when you start training Provocation and hit 70 skill, hit me up on discord messenger as Crazy Horse, and I'll give you access to the Provo pirate house in Ocllo
  6. Bragi

Bragi New Member

Hi all!

Thanks so much for all the replies! I finally joined Discord and once I figured out how it works I will ask my questions there too ;-)
    @ReZon thanks for that! I had a good look around but I suppose I will just have to wait for people to restock their vendors.
    @sem I'm at the skill cap but lots of things are marked down too. It's not that I stopped gaining, I just couldn't figure out a way to macro Magery as all the macros in the Guide section of the forum don't seem to do what they are supposed to do anymore...could be me or could be that the guides are pretty old and things have changed by now...
    @Urthe Oakenshield Thanks so much for the offer! I'll contact you on Discord!
    @AOٌ I'm at provo 82.7 so all good to go , thanks so much for the offer :) I'll give you a nudge on Discord tonight
    AOٌ likes this.
  7. sem

sem Member

I trained magery without resist some months ago. These are the spells i used.
    Lightning to 55.5
    Paralyze to 65.5
    Inisibility to 81
    Flamestrike to 97.5 (can be done up to anywhere from 95 to 100)
    Ressurection to GM
  8. Bragi

Bragi New Member

@sem did you use a script for that? Or a macro in Razor? I struggle to set something up that uses mediate and waits until I hit the right mana again. I tried a few of the restock macros in the guides section that grab regs from the bank but I couldn't even make the most basic ones work...
  9. sem

sem Member

I used razor macro. The idea is simply to check if enough mana, if yes then cast a spell, otherwise meditate and wait for 10 seconds. Rinse and repeat.
  10. Bragi

Bragi New Member

@sem I'll give the Razor macro idea another try!

EDIT: it works! Thanks so much. Had to add a short pause after Absolute Target otherwise it just timed out but now it's all good :)
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  11. Bragi

Bragi New Member

I managed to get to 97.1 overnight! Crazy...thanks so much! If it's okay I'd pop by later today to finish? I'll message you on Discord once I'm done at work
    AOٌ likes this.
  12. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

For sure I should be available soon
    Bragi likes this.