General Questions

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Azerath, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Azerath

Azerath New Member

Are there any tweaks to the factions here?

What is the current faction in power?

What are some good templates for factioning toons?

Also are there nightmares here? If so are they mountable?

Thanks for the time.
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It is relatively close to what you might have experienced on OSI, but many of the mechanics have been marginalized.

Stat-loss timer has been reduced to five minutes from twenty minutes. Which is great if you want to rejoin a fight at full strength right after you res, but is pretty annoying when you are trying to win on a battlefield or you want to stop a sigil thief from ressing with no loot and running at your base repeatedly.

True Britannian's base has been moved to Lord Blackthorne's castle in north Britain, instead of Lord British's castle in west Britain

Minax base has been moved to the mountain behind Destard, south of the hedge maze, as opposed to the T2a location south of Papua that I'm most familiar with

Heat of battle has been removed such that you can now instigate a faction fight and still be free to recall away

Sigil corruption timer has been reduced to 6 hours from 24 hours

There are many other more minor changes. Faction war horses require no rank here (in addition to equipping multiple faction blessed items). There is currently no point atrophy. I believe war horses are a standard color for their faction here, I seem to recall different shades of horse in 2000. Delucia is not a capturable town on UOR, however Vesper is instead. A sheriff can hire less faction guards total on UO:R than on OSI servers back in 2000. Faction leaders cannot remove their own faction's traps here as would have been expected.

I'm sure there's a lot more changes I haven't though of. There is overall discouragement from using guards or traps by staff at times. I think there are a lot of players that would prefer order/chaos and would like the faction systems to be marginalized until it more closely resembles o/c.

The answer to this is really a moving target lately. I think Council of Mages is the strongest overall group but they only bother to log on if there's a worthy fight, they won't spend time guarding sigils or playing grabass. TB and Minax have the most players and active playerbase in my opinion. I think the truest answer right now is TB and minax (these two are homogeneous.)

I think scribe/stun mage has been the strongest overall template for some time. [Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Wrestling/Anatomy/Inscribe]

Fencing tank mage is fine but has a diminished effectiveness in larger battles. [Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Fencing/Anatomy/Tactics]

If you must play a dexer I suggest fencing or fencing+poison. [Magery/Resist/Fencing/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Poisoning?]

The classic heal+stun mage is played a good bit but it's more suited for 7x duels than group fights.

If you mean faction war horses: yes. They cost 500 silver and 3000? gold, are faction hued and have extra hit points. You can only buy them from a faction horse vendor in a town your faction owns.

If you really meant nightmares: yes. They're kind of like a mountable mini dragon. Popular mount for tamers and require high taming/lore to control.
    MikeK, Mindless and Kane like this.
  3. Azerath

Azerath New Member

Thank you very much for the detailed response and thank you for your time.
  4. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I miss the 15 minute statloss timer.
  5. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Nice post Mes.