Faction Times

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Double Vision, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I think Leaving factions should be 3 days, 7 days is to long because that's keeps someone from playing for 7 days in factions if they are switching to a different factions.

Also statloss time, 20 minutes is way to long... People die then logged off because by the time the 20 minutes are up the battle is over and everyone quit. Should be 5 minutes, long enough for them to not jump right back in but short enough for them to stock up and get back to the battle before its over.
  2. Luminary

Luminary New Member

While I see and understand your basis for this argument, I'll have to disagree with this as well as the other faction complaint posts. Lowering this timer just allows players to "faction-hop" and makes it even easier for players to self-kill/farm for points. It also makes it a nuisance when a group of players puts in work to corrupt sigils, then half of Shadowlords, for example, all quit and join your faction just to be in the faction which currently owns town(s).

No. The whole purpose of stat-loss is to make incentive for striving to stay alive and not die a factions-death. This is basically the same concept for stat-loss on murderers with 5+ short-term counts. If you reduce/remove this system, the penalty of death becomes obsolete and it ruins the whole system.

This is basically the same theory that implies there would be a massive increase in murderers on the server, if stat-loss was disabled for them. Factions is/was designed to be a heavy pvp-oriented system, and the penalties from death should remain. I will argue if you cant handle the stat-loss/death, don't join factions or properly gear yourself to stay alive..
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

If there is a battle going on for sigs and someone dies and has statloss for 20 minutes they will miss the entire battle, most of the time logg off.. The goal is to make factions active and if its set to 5 minutes its long enough for them not to jump right into the battle again but enough time for them to restock and try again. As it is now factions is dead, Adding a long statloss time to it only kills it more. When I have to spend a couple hours looking for someone to fight and then they die and i have to wait another 20 minutes to fight again or they just logg off that kills faction pvp. Even if that means they aren't cut out to faction it still kills it and losing points & ur stuff Should be enough incentive not to die along with the 5 min statloss. PKs on the other hand have perma statloss cause they are murders and most of which kill miners and afkers and derserve to have long statloss.
  4. Luminary

Luminary New Member

Going back to my original point..

I'm not really sure how you're making this claim, but factions are not dead. I have been participating since my characters were developed enough to be able to compete, and have been finding plenty of activity when I am online. Sure, there may not be 15v15 battles going on at all times, but again, the server is relatively new and majority of the players are still in the process of building characters.
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Factions has declined alot, SL is no longer active, Minax barely plays and TB only come out when there is a group. Yes faction activity has declined.. Also this was brought up with a few people including telamon who said he would pass it on to Ezekial cause it made sense, not sure why your arguing this except the fact that half the time your guarding sigs and for 20 minutes you dont have to worry about fighting, Even at the base u wanted to res kill persus or w/e to reset his faction statloss timer. That right there shows you wanna avoid conflict where I am trying to get them back in battle as quick as possible to fight them again.
  6. Luminary

Luminary New Member

Please stop talking out your ass. Being res-killed in factions has absolutely no bearing on resetting the stat-loss timer, the timer is based on your initial death and cannot be "reset" from then.
  7. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

The one who is lying out there ass is you , here's the discussion...

ME: We'll he's in statloss now so we don't have to worry about him stealing sig for awhile
    You: We'll even at 80 skill he can still steal it I just wanna make sure I add to his statloss time.

Deny it all you want but you got called out, it's obvious for you a decline in factions would make it easier for you to steal & guard sigs, I believe you also said if they can't handle the 20 minute faction statloss they should leave factions. You also said adding in new items to factions as an incentive to do factions was a dumb idea yet in a recent post you said the admins were smart and knew what they were doing.... which is it? Who here in this thread is trying to get factions more active and who is trying to make people not want to faction.

And thanks for focusing on that and not denying the other parts.
  8. Luminary

Luminary New Member

You're an idiot. At 100 stealing you lose -20% to skills which drops you to 80 stealing, which is still the minimum required to steal a sigil. My comment on this was directed at the fact that even in stat-loss a thief @ gm stealing can still steal a sigil.

You cannot add to the stat-loss timer for factions, period. You need to learn how to comprehend context of a conversation instead of making up stuff you want to hear, rather than what was actually said. I guarded my sigils which were re-taken for 15-20 minutes, for the entire purpose of overriding the grace-period for TB.

Again, learn to read.
  9. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My stat loss is way more than 20% more like 34%
  10. Luminary

Luminary New Member

Well, it appears now I am talking out my ass. I forgot that faction stat-loss is -34% and is higher than murderer stat-loss. I haven't actually died in factions yet so I haven't suffered from stat yet.

Perhaps we could get this changed to -20% instead, though now that I remember this the -34% is actually accurate.
  11. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

AT any point did i say statloss can be reset? Nope not at all, you said and I was quoting you, I know it cant be reset but talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. A Theif who has statloss and -6 score that gives no honor and ur res killing him because..... ? And u res killed him in brit so he wasnt even by your siginals so you cant use that as an excuse. I read it correctly and that's exactly what you said. Now your trying to save face. The fact that you hide behind your pets and guards and will only fight me by urself is if u have factions to help you shows the reason why you want people to stay in stat for 20 minutes. Get a real character and stop hiding behind ur pets and guards... Crap your friend had to give his points to you to get commander lmao... pathetic.

I even let you take TB sigils and what did you do ? did u fight me, yes AFTER you ran to go get your wws. Your safety net will not play out for long trust me and para all kill is the lamest pvp tactic in the game.

Statloss should not last 20 minutes, bumping it down to 5 minutes will increase pvp alot. Shoot in almost 20 minutes you can reset the sigils if someone dies.. thats lame especially if the other factions has more people. Stop arguing with logic cause it will make you work harder to defend sigils, i mean dang you talk about people being lame for skill gains on easy mode and yet your in your base with 10 guards and 4 nightmares or your wws and wont leave unless you got someone with you.
  12. Luminary

Luminary New Member

I'm not going to debate with you, you just enjoy forum pvp and don't even make credible claims or use proper english.

I have never res killed any player on this server, simply to grief them. The only time I have ever res killed a player, is in the scenario where I am trying to loot their corpse and they immediately come back and try to take items from the corpse.

I will have a stun-mage ready in a few days, and at which time I will offer you a grudge match of any amount, under any rules and terms assuming they are not ridiculous or bogus. By this I mean both players are bound to the same restrictions, not some dumb shit like you can use potions while I am using a standard 7x template.

When you lose, you will have no ground to stand on and continue forum talking. I choose to play a faction tamer because it is the strongest template available, especially since I have no team-mates with me at this time. You will be making a grievous error to assume that I cannot play any/all templates just as effectively.

See in you 3~ days.
  13. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I almost dropped u with 4 mares on me and you think you can do it without them? lol, many have made the same assumption that they would kill me in a 1vs1 and many have ate there words. If you think you can beat me on your stun mage I more then welcome the challenge but coming from a guy who has 64 spells and only uses one of them 90% of the time (Paraylze) I highly doubt you have a chance. We will see..

Anyways Back to the topic at hand, Waiting on word from staff if this will be changed or not.