Archery

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Henderson!, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Henderson!

Henderson! Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't know if this is necessarily a guide but it seemed like it fit best here. Training archery is rather simple as basically I just shot my other account mage over and over while healing him every 8 seconds. Any longer of a pause and he was getting close to being dead. Also my archer is GM healing so if you have less than that it will make a difference. So perhaps you are thinking... well how many arrows will I have to buy to GM archery? That's what I am about to tell you!

To take archery from 49 (my starting skill) to 100 it took 8,070 arrows. Not bad. Also a note, my newbie bow which was unused when I started broke after 6,089 arrows were used. Plan accordingly and good luck.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Great info, thanks bud!

I am hoping to finish other skills on my warrior in time to train archery before the server goes live.

If that happens I will post my findings here as well to compare!.

Cheers
  3. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member

Important Note to Anyone Reading This!

You must shoot a toon with a combat skills. Ie a toon with 50 Swords/Mace/Fencing etc.

If you shoot a toon with no combat skill like crafter you will stop gaining in the 80s and waste thousands of arrows.

Happened to me so sharing my experience.

Thanks
    Steady Mobbin and TheNomad like this.
  4. Venger

Venger Active Member

I just did this. from 50 to GM took about 6k arrows. I tamed and trapped an ostard in my house. Shot him full of arrows while another account healed the ostard to work on his vet.

It did not take very long at all.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. Zamtro

Zamtro New Member

Can you just sit in the 1 spot doing this, or do you need to move a tile further each 5-10 skill to keep gaining?
  6. Venger

Venger Active Member

I just did it all afk in one spot.
    I should also say that it’s looking like <5k arrows from 50-GM. My scavenger is STILL picking up arrows from the ground.